Sodexo Corporate Services is looking for a Chef Manager to join our team at Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Newton, MA. Dana Farber Cancer Institute since its founding in 1947, has been committed to providing adults and children with cancer with the best treatment available today while developing tomorrow's cures through cutting-edge research.
The Chef Manager will be responsible for day to day operations, including retail and coffee shop. Duties include managing a team of 6 direct reports and ensuring retail offerings are set up and executed. The ideal candidate will have food service management experience.
This position offers a Monday - Friday work schedule!
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations
- deliver high quality food service
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships
- develop strategic plans
- create a positive environment; and/or
- ensure Sodexo standards are met
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- Preference to demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) The Market Connection (TMC) or is proficient in computer skills and report management experience
- Vacation, Personal and Sick Time
- Medical Benefits beginning date of hire
- 401K and Roth IRA with company match eligible
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.