Clinical Nutrition Manager II - Healthcare
Grow your career and develop a team that shares your desire to make a difference.
Sodexo is seeking a Registered Dietitian for a Clinical Nutrition Manager I-HC position at Wayne UNC Health Care in Goldsboro, NC. This 300 bed acute care community hospital is located 1 hour southeast of Raleigh and 1.5 hours north of the NC beaches. The selected candidate will provide 50% direct patient care and 50% clinical management..
$5000 Sign-On Bonus is Available
Some remote work available!
Start with 3 weeks’ vacation and 3 personal days per calendar year!
Reimbursement for Academy dues, state licensure fees and CDR renewal!
Money toward continuing education events!
Up to $5000 tuition reimbursement annually!
Free Parking and discounted meals
The successful candidate will:
- Be a Registered Dietitian credentials and licensed in NC
- Manage the clinical nutrition program, supervising 3 full-time Clinical Registered Dietitians and 1 Outpatient Dietitian
- Provide direct nutritional care on a variety of inpatient units ~50% of the time
- Maintain responsibility for comprehensive nutrition assessments/reassessments, intervention including nutrition support, education, and counseling of acute care patients per the Nutrition Care Process model
- Drive and conduct Performance Improvement and Quality Management initiatives
- Provide diet education/training to the food service team, as well as interdisciplinary healthcare professionals
- Serve in a leadership role on the Food and Nutrition Services team and assist in food service management as needed and food service quality assurance
- Collaborate with patient services
- Have supervisory or management experience with an aptitude for program growth and development;
- Demonstrate excellent communication, leadership and customer service skills.
- Have excellent time management skills, be organized and be a self-starter
- Will be responsible for helping with weekend coverage on a rotating basis as well as rotating holiday coverage
- Assist in maintaining Sodexo standards as well as the preparation and readiness for accreditation and regulatory visits.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for Dietitians who will:
- Be a Registered Dietitian with acute care experience and demonstrate a great clinical knowledge base;
- Have proven supervisory or management experience;
- Demonstrate excellent communication, leadership and customer service skills;
- B experienced with regulatory accreditation and establishing and maintaining standards of care; and
- Have a strong commitment to excellence in all aspects of patient care;
- NC licensure is required before start date
Learn more visit: http://www.waynehealth.org/
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Employees who work in Healthcare are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status as required by applicable law and/or client requirements.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Dietitian positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Dietitian jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
As the largest private employer of dietitians we have tremendous job opportunities for registered dietitians who are looking to get more out of their career!
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides leadership and direction for the nutrition care program for patients, residents, and clients in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Manages the clinical and assigned patient services staff in the provision of general and some specialty nutrition care and patient foodservice programs for one to two sites / up to 300 beds, providing direct patient care and functioning as the nutrition authority for the organization. Implements and maintains professional and business practices to assure regulatory compliance and to uphold company mission, values, and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement. Contributes to financial and clinical outcomes through implementation of services.
Directs the implementation of the Nutrition Care Process (assessment, nutrition diagnosis, intervention, monitoring and evaluation) in general to specialized clinical practice and activities of assigned patient services staff by delegating authority, assigning & scheduling, prioritizing activities, ensuring provision of equipment, supplies & resources, participating in the budgeting process, maintaining labor reports and other financial records, and monitoring operating standards; is accountable for the provision of safe and reliable care and services by self and direct reports and completion of documentation in accordance with individual & statutory scopes, regulatory standards, facility policies, protocols and practice guidelines, including clinical privileges; actively participates in development, implementation and promotion of the patient dining and other food and nutrition programs to Sodexo standards. - 35%
Conducts recruiting, hiring, onboarding, verification of credentials, competency assessment, performance evaluations and ongoing professional practice evaluation as applicable to clinical privileges for direct reports; ensures that verification of credentials, competency assessment, performance evaluation and ongoing professional practice evaluation as applicable for self is completed per Sodexo and facility standards; engages in tailored continuing education for self and in mentoring of direct reports to enhance knowledge, skills, and judgment and to facilitate professional growth and employee engagement. - 20%
Ensures provision of nutrition counseling and training by self and direct reports for patients, residents, clients, families, healthcare personnel, students and foodservice staff to meet general to specialized clinical needs, promote disease management, and introduce evidence-based nutrition care strategies; provides learning experiences for direct reports, dietetics/other healthcare students and interns to include teaching, coaching and performance evaluation per Sodexo/facility/ program standards; offers input into development and enhancement of learning activities and educational resources; makes appropriate referrals to credentialed nutrition specialists or ambulatory care services as needed to elevate care, support continuation of the nutrition care plan, or enhance education and training processes. - 15%
Actively engages in interdisciplinary activities such as meetings, medical conferences, rounds and discharge planning to build strategic relationships, support collaborative care, promote the nutrition care plan and serve as the nutrition expert for the organization providing guidance and insight to the administrative, medical, nursing and foodservice staff; exercises approval authority for the patient menu with nutrient analysis, diet manual and enteral formulary; actively participates in development of operating standards, policies, tools and resources for clinical practice and foodservice operations; participates in development of interdisciplinary policies and protocols. - 15%
Develops and implements performance improvement activities to enhance productivity, patient safety, patient satisfaction and quality of care and responds to more advanced customer service escalations using Sodexo resources as needed for intervention strategies and providing managerial approvals as required; independently analyzes data to draw conclusions and make sound recommendations; develops action plans and project plans to include defining objectives, scope, specifications, methods, timetables and staffing, as applicable; completes documentation of performance improvement activities and communicates outcomes to manager and client per Sodexo and facility standards. - 15%
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree with completion of required coursework and supervised practice as dictated by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
[Note: For those seeking registration after 2023, a master’s degree will be required]
Basic Management Experience: At least 13 months experience supervising and directing people and other resources to achieve specific end results within limited timeframes.
Basic Functional Experience: 3 years as experienced practitioner able to work unsupervised and provide professional supervision to developing practitioners
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Certification/licensure as required by state(s) of practice
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.