Clinical Nutrition Manager II - Healthcare
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Registered Dietitian, for a Clinical Nutrition Manager to come join their dynamic clinical team at the growing Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian in Newport Beach and Irvine, CA.
In this role, you will be integrated into the management team of the growing Hoag Hospitals and implement and/or maintain continuity of the Hoag facilities in clinical nutrition.
Hoag Memorial Hospital is a 511 -bed hospital located between two campuses. In this leadership role, the selected candidate will work closely with the Nutrition Services clinical team and manage Registered Dietitians for one or both campuses and the off-site outpatient locations. There is also responsibility to provide clinical (patient contact) duties, administrative oversight and leadership in clinical staff meetings and respective committees.
Reporting to the Senior Area General Manager, the Clinical Nutrition Manager will:
- Be Registered Dietitian with at least 3-4 years supervising and directing other people and resources in health-care management;
- Have the ability to provide excellent patient care with flexibility and reliability and be team centered to work well in this challenging setting;
- Prior experience with acute care including mother/baby, med/surg, acute rehab, sub-neuro ICU, CCU, CVI and SNICU is helpful;
- Be highly motivated with proficient clinical knowledge and supervisory experience;
- Provide direction and guidance for the clinical nutrition program establishing the highest caliber standards of care;
- Experience in food service in relation to optimizing the patient meal experience is preferred;
- Work with a team of Registered Dietitians and supervise staff development of clinical professionals and collaborate in conjunction with Sodexo and the Hoag team;
- Have responsibility for meeting Joint Commission/State/Federal and company standards;
- Be familiar with data collection, interpretation, and presentation of key performance indicators/metrics;
- Be responsible for performance improvement/quality management activities at this institution and participate in the continuous quality improvement (CQI) process.
- Productively seek out and maintain collaborative relationships with key stakeholders that is integral to moving efforts of the department forward;
- Display and practice a work-style that reflects the mission, vision and values of the department and hospital.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Excellent time management skills, be a self-starter and hardworking;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, will project an image of professionalism with the clinical dietitian team, care providers and ancillary team members.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides leadership and direction for the nutrition care program for patients, residents, and clients in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Manages the clinical and assigned patient services staff in the provision of general and some specialty nutrition care and patient foodservice programs for one to two sites / up to 300 beds, providing direct patient care and functioning as the nutrition authority for the organization. Implements and maintains professional and business practices to assure regulatory compliance and to uphold company mission, values, and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement. Contributes to financial and clinical outcomes through implementation of services.
Directs the implementation of the Nutrition Care Process (assessment, nutrition diagnosis, intervention, monitoring and evaluation) in general to specialized clinical practice and activities of assigned patient services staff by delegating authority, assigning & scheduling, prioritizing activities, ensuring provision of equipment, supplies & resources, participating in the budgeting process, maintaining labor reports and other financial records, and monitoring operating standards; is accountable for the provision of safe and reliable care and services by self and direct reports and completion of documentation in accordance with individual & statutory scopes, regulatory standards, facility policies, protocols and practice guidelines, including clinical privileges; actively participates in development, implementation and promotion of the patient dining and other food and nutrition programs to Sodexo standards. - 35%
Conducts recruiting, hiring, onboarding, verification of credentials, competency assessment, performance evaluations and ongoing professional practice evaluation as applicable to clinical privileges for direct reports; ensures that verification of credentials, competency assessment, performance evaluation and ongoing professional practice evaluation as applicable for self is completed per Sodexo and facility standards; engages in tailored continuing education for self and in mentoring of direct reports to enhance knowledge, skills, and judgment and to facilitate professional growth and employee engagement. - 20%
Ensures provision of nutrition counseling and training by self and direct reports for patients, residents, clients, families, healthcare personnel, students and foodservice staff to meet general to specialized clinical needs, promote disease management, and introduce evidence-based nutrition care strategies; provides learning experiences for direct reports, dietetics/other healthcare students and interns to include teaching, coaching and performance evaluation per Sodexo/facility/ program standards; offers input into development and enhancement of learning activities and educational resources; makes appropriate referrals to credentialed nutrition specialists or ambulatory care services as needed to elevate care, support continuation of the nutrition care plan, or enhance education and training processes. - 15%
Actively engages in interdisciplinary activities such as meetings, medical conferences, rounds and discharge planning to build strategic relationships, support collaborative care, promote the nutrition care plan and serve as the nutrition expert for the organization providing guidance and insight to the administrative, medical, nursing and foodservice staff; exercises approval authority for the patient menu with nutrient analysis, diet manual and enteral formulary; actively participates in development of operating standards, policies, tools and resources for clinical practice and foodservice operations; participates in development of interdisciplinary policies and protocols. - 15%
Develops and implements performance improvement activities to enhance productivity, patient safety, patient satisfaction and quality of care and responds to more advanced customer service escalations using Sodexo resources as needed for intervention strategies and providing managerial approvals as required; independently analyzes data to draw conclusions and make sound recommendations; develops action plans and project plans to include defining objectives, scope, specifications, methods, timetables and staffing, as applicable; completes documentation of performance improvement activities and communicates outcomes to manager and client per Sodexo and facility standards. - 15%
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree with completion of required coursework and supervised practice as dictated by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
[Note: For those seeking registration after 2023, a master’s degree will be required]
Basic Management Experience: At least 13 months experience supervising and directing people and other resources to achieve specific end results within limited timeframes.
Basic Functional Experience: 3 years as experienced practitioner able to work unsupervised and provide professional supervision to developing practitioners
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Certification/licensure as required by state(s) of practice
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.