Clinical Nutrition Manager IV
Grow your career and develop with a team that shares your desire to make a difference.
This position presents a great opportunity for an experienced dietitian to work in flagship facility in San Antonio’s renowned South Texas Medical Center!
Sodexo is seeking a Registered Dietitian for a Clinical Nutrition Manager position at Methodist Hospital and Methodist Children’s Hospital, located in San Antonio, Texas.
4 week's vacation + 3 personal days!
- Reimbursement for AND dues, state licensure fees and CDR renewal
- Money toward continuing education events
- Up to $5000 tuition reimbursement annually
- a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, plus health and wellness programs.
The successful candidate will:
- Function as a full time executive manager/leader
- manage the clinical nutrition program within Methodist Hospital;
- supervise a team of 16 entry level and experienced dietitians;
- advocate to expand and promote the role of Clinical Nutrition throughout the facility;
- collaborate with the implementation and management of Sodexo’s meal service program and menu management system;
- ensure that all policies and procedures are in place and maintained in compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures;
- foster a culture of learning that promotes career growth and professional development;
- pro-actively seek out and maintain collaborative relationships with key stakeholders that is integral to moving efforts of the department forward;
- drive Performance Improvement and Quality Management projects; and
- provide nutrition care to a variety of patient units as needed.
- 10 years of management experience
- Experience in interpreting strategy and policy implementation
- Master’s Degree (preferred)
- Specialist credential (preferred)
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for Dietitians who will:
- be a Registered Dietitian with acute care experience and demonstrate a great clinical knowledge base;
- have proven supervisory or management experience with an aptitude for program growth and development;
- demonstrate excellent communication, leadership and customer service skills; and
- have experience with regulatory accreditation, regulatory readiness and review, and establishing and maintaining standards of care.
Learn more about Methodist Hospital at https://sahealth.com/locations/methodist-hospital/
Employees who work at Methodist Hospital are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Dietitian positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Dietitian jobs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides leadership and direction for the nutrition care program for patients, residents, and clients in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Manages the clinical and assigned patient services staff in the provision of general to complex specialized nutrition care and patient foodservice programs for more than five sites / >700 beds, functioning as a full-time executive leader and the nutrition authority for the organization. Implements and maintains professional and business practices to assure regulatory compliance and to uphold company mission, values, and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement. Contributes to financial and clinical outcomes through implementation of services.
Conducts/delegates recruiting, hiring, onboarding, verification of credentials, competency assessment, performance evaluations and ongoing professional practice evaluation as applicable to clinical privileges for direct reports; ensures that verification of credentials, competency assessment, performance evaluation and ongoing professional practice evaluation as applicable for self is completed per Sodexo and facility standards; designs the ongoing professional performance evaluation process for clinical privileging of direct reports; engages in tailored continuing education for self and direct reports to enhance knowledge, skills, and judgment and to facilitate professional growth and employee engagement. - 25%
Leads interprofessional activities, functions as a clinical advocate and expert on nutrition-related issues, engages strategic partnerships to address opportunities for the expansion of services that build upon nutrition and dietetics and enhance evidence-based care to those with general to complex and specialized needs, and serves as the nutrition expert for the organization providing guidance and insight to the administrative, medical, nursing and foodservice staff; exercises approval authority for the patient menu with nutrient analysis, diet manual and enteral formulary; performs an integral role in development of operating standards, policies, tools and resources for clinical practice and foodservice operations; actively contributes to development of interprofessional systems, policies and protocols. - 25%
Conducts ongoing critical evaluation of the clinical nutrition/service line programs using multiple sources of data to support the organization’s strategic outcomes for productivity, patient safety, patient satisfaction and quality of care and responds to more advanced customer service escalations using Sodexo resources as needed for intervention strategies and providing managerial approvals as required; independently analyzes data, develops effective solutions and contributes to the progression of nutrition and medical science; develops action plans and project plans to include defining objectives, scope, specifications, methods, timetables and staffing, as applicable; completes documentation of performance improvement activities and communicates outcomes to manager and client per Sodexo and facility standards. - 25%
Directs the implementation of the Nutrition Care Process (assessment, nutrition diagnosis, intervention, monitoring and evaluation) in general to complex specialized clinical practice and activities of assigned patient services staff by delegating authority, assigning & scheduling, prioritizing activities, ensuring provision of equipment, supplies & resources, participating in the budgeting process, maintaining labor reports and other financial records, and monitoring operating standards; is accountable for the provision of safe and reliable care and services by direct reports and completion of documentation in accordance with individual & statutory scopes, regulatory standards, facility policies, protocols and practice guidelines, including clinical privileges; leads and promotes development, application and management of food and nutrition/ clinical/community programs to Sodexo standards and actively contributes to development and implementation of interprofessional solutions. - 15%
Ensures provision of nutrition counseling and training by self and direct reports for patients, residents, clients, families, healthcare personnel, students and foodservice staff to meet general and complex clinical needs, promote disease management/ available treatment modalities, and introduce evidence-based nutrition care strategies; develops learning experiences for direct reports, dietetics/other healthcare students & interns, and other healthcare providers; provides professional supervision and mentoring to RDNs and healthcare providers seeking specialization and/or expanded leadership skills; makes appropriate referrals to credentialed nutrition specialists or ambulatory care services as needed to elevate care, support continuation of the nutrition care plan, or enhance education and training processes. - 10%
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree with completion of required coursework and supervised practice as dictated by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) [Note: For those seeking registration after 2023, a master’s degree will be required]
Basic Management Experience: 10+ years
Basic Functional Experience: 10+ years of relevant functional experience
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Certification/licensure: As required by state(s) of practice
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.