Concessions Busser @ Indianapolis Zoo
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- 12 per hour
- Full Time & Part Time
Job Listing: Concessions Busser
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That's why we're proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated to the sports, events and hospitality industry. We concentrate all of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let's go Live! together.
Location: We are seeking Concessions Bussers for Indianapolis Zoo located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The Indianapolis Zoo was the first to be triple accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and the American Association of Museums as a zoo, an aquarium and a botanic garden. Look for the AZA logo whenever you visit a zoo or aquarium to know you are supporting a facility dedicated to providing excellent care for animals, a great experience for you, and a better future for all living things.
The Busser position performs as an entry level restaurant worker. The Busser perform duties that require minimal experience and expertise. This position may exist in a stand-alone restaurant, or in-venue restaurant within a sporting arena, convention center or other entertainment-related venue that is managed by Sodexo Live!
The Busser will contribute to Sodexo Live!'s operational and financial success by clearing and resetting tables and assisting servers when needed, and by following all Sodexo Live! standards for sanitation and service to satisfy guest expectations and to maximize food revenues.
- Keep restaurant tables and surrounding areas clean and presentable to dining room guests; Support hosts and servers in providing exceptional service to restaurant guests.
- Comply with all established health, sanitation and safety procedures.
- Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to teamwork and service.
- Ability to participate in a team environment.
- Ability to follow written and oral direction.
- Ability to work under pressure and independently.
- Ability to communicate in the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for entire shift. Must be able to frequently lift and carry food and other items weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally greater. Must be able to go from warm to cold climates (workstation to coolers). Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Must be able to meet the following requirements with reasonable accommodation:
- While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged
periods of time.
- The employee must be able to use hands to finger, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, and
taste or smell.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and carry approximately 20 feet.
- Ability to physically walk approximately one-fourth (¼) of a mile and the circumference of the unit several times a day.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception,
and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be able to read and comprehend a BEO, diagram and any other documents
to ensure that the guests' needs are met.
- While performing duties of this job, the associate is frequently exposed to moving mechanical
parts and extreme heat.
- Employee must be able to perform repetitive motions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold.
- Employee must be able to work in a cold environment - such as when cleaning walk-in refrigerators.
- The employee frequently has hands in soapy water and/or cleaning and sanitizing chemicals.
- Employee must have ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but
uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Employee must be able to operate in an environment with moderate to high noise
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.