Concessions Manager - University of Michigan
- 02-Aug-2023 to Until Filled (PST)
- University of Michigan
- Ann Arbor, MI, USA
- Full-Time Salary Year Round
Job Listing: Hospitality Manager - Quick Serve
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking an experienced Hospitality Manager - Quick Serve for the University of Michigan.
The Leaders & Best...The Victors Valiant...The Michigan Wolverines. These are terms you may have heard circling around The University of Michigan and the city of Ann Arbor. The University of Michigan is one of the country's top public institutions, located in one of the best college towns in America - Ann Arbor. U-M is a leader in higher education, attracting top students and faculty from all over the world. The University offers a rich tradition of academic excellence, unparalleled athletics, and a vibrant, diverse community of the leaders and best.
The Hospitality Manager - Quick Serve is responsible for all aspects of Quick Serve (concessions) operations, to include multiple-concept food courts, permanent stands, portable carts and kiosks, in-venue restaurants, private clubs and upscale suite catering.
The Hospitality Manager - Quick Serve will develop, communicate and implement seasonal and long-term business strategies to drive Quick Serve sales revenue and meet or exceed the unit's overall financial goals. They will maximize sales by ensuring that guests receive an exceptional overall experience and that service expectations are met or exceeded within all unit outlets.
The Hospitality Manager - Quick Serve will contribute to Sodexo Live!'s goal to be #1 in Event Hospitality through the performance of activities geared toward the creation of an energized and positive work environment for Quick Serve department staff.
- Maximize Sodexo Live!'s Quick Serve revenue and operational excellence through implementation and oversight of systems and policies related to concessions operations.
- Provide leadership and direction to Quick Serve Supervisors, Leads and front line staff.
- Ensure that policies and procedures for processing customer transactions are adhered to.
- Contribute to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Bachelor's degree and/or appropriate combination of education and experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- A minimum of 2 years of previous leadership experience within a diverse food and beverage environment, to include management of a large staff and focus on exceptional client and customer service.
- Venue catering/concessions experience and multi-site experience strongly preferred, as this position will have responsibility over multiple locations including cafes, coffee shops, bistros and convenience locations.
- Strong working knowledge of food safety, sanitation, and general workplace safety standards with knowledge of Health Department requirements.
- Demonstrated financial acumen; P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is highly desirable
- Technologically savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Self starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of retail operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.