- 01-Jul-2023 to Until Filled (PST)
- Birmingham Jefferson Convention Complex
- Birmingham, AL, USA
- 55000-60000 per year
- Full-Time Salary Year Round
Job Listing: Concessions Manager
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members.
Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking a Concession Manager for the Birmingham Jefferson Convention Center, Protective Football Stadium and the Legacy Arena.
Open minds and big thinking find the ideal environment to imagine what's next in downtown Birmingham. Whatever the size or location, BJCC is a hub for inspiration. From one-room meetings to full-facility conventions, our staff ensures unequaled service and attention to detail.
The Convention Center Complex includes 220,000sqft Exhibition Hall, 100,000sqft in 74 Meeting rooms, 3,000 Seat Concert Hall, 1,000 Seat Theatre, a brand new 45,000 seat Football Stadium that features 36 suites and a 1,200-person club area. This stadium is home to UAB Football as well as other sporting events and concerts. The property also contains the Legacy Arena. The estimated revenue is $10 to $12 million a year.
With over $300M invested into these facilities they host Major Concerts, NCAA Basketball, and the 2022 World Games. Some stadium facts below.
Protective Football Stadium: Type of Events- 5 UAB football games, Birmingham Bowl plus other Events. 36 Suites, 1,700 person club, 47,000 capacity, 17 Concession Stands.
Legacy Arena: Type of Events- G-League Basketball, Concerts, College Basketball. 18,000 seat capacity. 12 suites, 2 Clubs, and 9 Concession Stands.
Salary Range: $55,000 - $60,000 + Health Benefits
The Concessions Manager - Quick Serve is responsible for all aspects of Quick Serve (concessions) operations, to include multiple-concept food courts, permanent stands, portable carts and kiosks, in-venue restaurants, private clubs and upscale suite catering.
This individual will develop, communicate and implement seasonal and long-term business strategies to drive Concession sales revenue and meet or exceed the unit's overall financial goals. They will maximize sales by ensuring that guests receive an exceptional overall experience and that service expectations are met or exceeded within all unit outlets.
- Maximize Sodexo Live!'s Concession's revenue and operational excellence through implementation and oversight of systems and policies related to concessions operations.
- Provide leadership and direction to Concessions Supervisors, Leads and front-line staff.
- Ensure that policies and procedures for processing customer transactions are adhered to.
- Contribute to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Bachelor's degree and/or appropriate combination of education and experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- A minimum of 2 years of previous leadership experience within a diverse food and beverage environment, to include management of a large staff and focus on exceptional client and customer service.
- Venue catering/concessions experience and multi-site experience strongly preferred, as this position will have responsibility over multiple locations including cafes, coffee shops, bistros and convenience locations.
- Strong working knowledge of food safety, sanitation, and general workplace safety standards with knowledge of Health Department requirements.
- Technologically savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Self-starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of retail operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.