Concessions Supervisors @ Indianapolis Zoo
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time & Part Time
Job Listing: Concession Supervisor
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That's why we're proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated to the sports, events and hospitality industry. We concentrate all of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let's go Live! together.
Location: We are seeking a Concession Supervisor for Indianapolis Zoo located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The Indianapolis Zoo was the first to be triple accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and the American Association of Museums as a zoo, an aquarium and a botanic garden. Look for the AZA logo whenever you visit a zoo or aquarium to know you are supporting a facility dedicated to providing excellent care for animals, a great experience for you, and a better future for all living things.
The Concession Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that guests receive an exceptional level of service by supervising Concession staff and supporting the Concession operations at all points of sale. They will assign tasks and delegate responsibilities to Concession Leads and will monitor servers as they provide a variety of pre-made or fresh-to-order snacks, beverages and entrée items from
Sodexo Live!'s Concession menu. Their top priority will be to ensure that the highest levels of cleanliness and sanitation are maintained.
Style of service may be either take-away, restaurant-style or in-seat service format. They will circulate throughout assigned locations within the venue's levels, decks and concourses to monitor service within kiosks, mobile stands, permanent stand fixtures or cafes/bistros. They are responsible for ensuring that alcohol is being served responsibly throughout their assigned locations and for ensuring that Sodexo Live!'s standards for handing monetary transactions are consistently in place.
The Concession Supervisor will plan and prepare in advance of games or events, will provide hands on supervision during events and will organize post-event closing and clean up.
- Ensure that policies and procedures for processing Quick Serve customer sales transactions are adhered to.
- Supervise and support Quick Serve staff in providing outstanding service to all customers.
- Ensure that quality and safety standards are maintained.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* College degree or combination of education and work experience to support on-the-job
* 1-2 years supervisory experience in a fast-paced foodservice facility preferred.
* Ability to understand written and oral direction and to communicate same with others.
* Ability to promote and participate in a team environment.
* Ability to work independently and in a high stress, fast paced environment
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used by guests who
typically visit the work location.
Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility in an often tightly-quartered environment. Have the ability to bend and lift up to 30 pounds frequently. Must be able to give direction most of the working day speaking clearly and listening attentively to guests and other employees. Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Must be able to meet the following requirements with reasonable accommodation:
* Ability to physically walk approximately one-fourth (¼) of a mile and the circumference of the unit
several times a day.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
* Employee must be able to perform repetitive motions.
* Employee must have ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but
uninvolved written or oral instructions.
* Employee must be able to operate in an environment with moderate to high noise levels
* Other lifting or physical requirements as added from time to time, or as require
* Push and Pull equipment such as: merchandise racks, speed racks, flat beds, and wire carts the
distance of up to .4 miles.
* Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time.
* While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to
finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell.
* The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
* The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and carry approximately 20 feet.
* Ability to multitask in an office or operations setting.
* Ability to operate telephone and to talk and/or hear in a retail store location setting (noise level is
* Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
* Ability to, grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach and lift overhead.
* Ability to operate a desktop computer or register terminal.
* Ability to understand written information.
* Other lifting or physical requirements as added from time to time, or as required to perform the essential functions of this job.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.