Construction / Project Manager 1
Sodexo Energy and Resources is seeking a Construction Project Control Specialist to work with one of Sodexo’s construction management teams at one of our largest energy accounts. This position will be in Houston, TX but will support projects at numerous sites.
Are you the One?
We are looking for someone with strong technical skills in Project Management tools; with experience managing PMIS and Project Management Software for large to small-value projects that are often complex in terms of delivery and phasing. Project Controls Specialist will manage a portfolio of projects by establishing and maintaining program tracking reports and project data. He or she will develop assignments, timetables, and responsibilities for reporting and data tracking for team members for the duration of the project. Organizes and directs reporting methodology, project progress tracking, and project control operations. Coordinates data with costing estimation and scheduling for accurate reporting and tracking. Works with professional employees, technical or business support, or production operations team(s). Decisions are guided by policies, procedures, and business plans. Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues, and clients regarding project management systems and implementation.
- Strong Technical skills in Project Management tools
- Support PMIS (Project Management Implementation Systems) & Mobilization for new Projects/Program Set up.
- Prepare Project Management Control Tools for Project Execution
- Work with Project Managers & Teams to establish proper control procedures and processes.
- Perform weekly/monthly program reviews and updates.
- Establish and maintain program tracking reports to monitor progress against actual vs. forecast
- Schedule, prepare for, and participate in monthly project reviews and Program Management meetings
- Understand change management processes and help the team with proper guidance and implementation
- Assist with project documentation Management & controls
- Coordinate with Project Managers, Operations Management, Accounting Department, Sta?, and sub-consultants
- Experience in Project controls, and commercial operations, with emphasis in project controls and financial issues.
- Knowledge of CPM scheduling, cost engineering functions, cost control, and change management
- Ensure that all project and program processes are in accordance with set Project Procedures and Job Instructions
- Review and provide feedback on miscellaneous project reports
- Reviews project schedules and integrates with project reporting methodologies
- Communicates positive and realistic expectations to the project team
- Holds self and others accountable for meeting key reporting metrics
- Acts within contract Terms and Conditions.
- Effectively communicates project reporting status to management as required.
- Ensures project document controls follow contract requirements and client standards.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have a:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (or associate degree with relevant experience)
- Proficient in Project Management software, Powe rBI, and related systems.
- Computer skills in Excel Macro level, Databases (MS Access, Smartsheet), Power BI, and dashboard development experience required.
- Understanding of Project Management control tools & systems and practices
- MS Project Experience
- Cost reporting skills and techniques.
- Experience with Procore, E-builder, Primavera P6, etc. tools will be preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of direct project control experience in the Building Construction Industry
- Demonstrated prominent level of verbal and written communication skills is necessary.
- The ability to work in a challenging environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Advanced working knowledge of project scheduling and documentation techniques and processes.
- Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office (excel, word, PowerPoint, Adobe Writer, Visio, and basic Windows environment).
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K, and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care, and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent, and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring, and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which delivers tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care, and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge, and tremendous growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.