Construction / Project Manager 2
Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day!
Sodexo Energy & Resource is seeking a Construction Program Scheduler to work with one of Sodexo’s construction management/project controls teams at one of our largest energy accounts. This position will be in Houston, TX but will support projects at numerous sites.
Are you the One?
We are looking for someone with strong technical skills in Project Management tools; with excellent understanding and experience in Primavera P6, managing schedules through Project Management Software for large to small value projects that are often complex in terms of delivery and phasing. The Construction Program Scheduler will manage a portfolio of projects by establishing and maintaining program tracking reports and project data. He or she will develop assignments, timetables, and responsibilities for reporting and data tracking for team members for the duration of the project. Organizes and directs reporting methodology, project progress tracking, and program schedule operations. Coordinates and compares schedule data with cost for accurate reporting and tracking. Works with professional employees, technical or business support, or production operations team(s). Decisions are guided by policies, procedures, and business plans. Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues, and clients regarding project and program schedules.
- Strong Technical skills in Primavera P6
- Must have an excellent understanding of creating schedule logic and an ability to integrate multiple sub-schedules into an Integrated Master Schedule
- Ability to combine lower-level schedules into an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- Experience with setting up and maintaining resource-loaded schedules in Primavera P6 and MS Project
- Ability to gather and analyze schedule data in a fast-paced changing environment
- The Project Scheduler will create, and update assigned schedules on a weekly basis and prepare schedule analyses/status reports monthly for internal and external customer management reviews
- Support the resolution and mitigation of schedule risks that may jeopardize on-time delivery by direct interaction with assigned Project personnel and department managers/supervisors
- Through original and independent thinking, formulate and recommend methods, processes, and procedures that will improve the accuracy and timeliness of Project Schedules
- Provide recommendations for enhancements to Scheduling tools available for project execution and reporting
- Apply scheduling logic, schedule baseline management, critical path analysis, predecessor and successor relationships, constraint types, slack time, percent complete methods, and schedule resource loading methodologies as needed
- Generates and maintains detailed Project schedules and/or Integrated Master Schedules based on tasks defined by the work package
- Leads schedule analysis activities to identify the critical path, probability of meeting milestones, and opportunities for increasing schedule margins
- Provide sound and independent judgment when developing and maintaining project schedules/IMS consistent with company policies/procedures and external requirements.
- Performs schedule variance assessments and supports briefings of Schedule status at internal and external Project Management Reviews.
- May perform other special projects or duties as requested by the Project/Program Manager.
- Perform weekly/monthly program reviews and updates.
- Establish and maintain program tracking reports to monitor progress against actual vs. baseline
- Schedule, prepare for, and participate in monthly project reviews and Program Management meetings
- Understand change management processes and help the team with proper guidance and implementation
- Assist with project documentation Management & controls
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have a:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (or Associates degree with relevant experience)
- Formal training in Project Scheduling techniques and associated software.
- Understanding of Project Management control tools & systems and practices
- MS Project Experience
- Schedule/Cost reporting skills and techniques.
- Minimum of 4 years of direct project control experience with Primavera P6
- Demonstrated prominent level of verbal and written communication skills is necessary.
- The ability to work in a challenging environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Advanced working knowledge of project scheduling and documentation techniques and processes.
- Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office (excel, word, PowerPoint, Adobe Writer, Visio, and basic Windows environment).
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K, and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care, and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent, and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring, and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which delivers tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care, and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge, and tremendous growth opportunities
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.