Construction Project Manager
Are you a high performing Project Manager? Are you skilled in process improvement, high performing team building, and data driven? If you answered YES to all these questions, we want to talk to YOU!
The Construction Project Manager is responsible for 4 key measures of project success: client satisfaction, budget, timeline, and risk mitigation. They will oversee the execution of our customer’s projects including but not limited to MEP infrastructure capital and expense work by leading in project planning activities, managing and driving timelines, and keeping a watchful eye on the budget. Demonstrating a firm but fair leadership style, the Project Manager will hold project teams accountable to timelines and commitments, ensuring a seamless, successful implementation.
- Direct interaction with clients to drive approved scope to implementation success
- Become a trusted advisor to our clients, acting as the eyes and ears of the project, demonstrating the ability to think ahead and anticipate the client’s needs to complete projects on time and on budget
- Ensure that all relevant parties have a clear vision of project objectives
- Clearly document and distribute all relevant items for the team, i.e., project meeting minutes and scope of design, project schedule summary, etc.
- Regularly monitor project against budget and flags team when project/timeline/budget deviate
- Ensure that any relevant changes in scope items result in revised documents and an updated approval from clients as needed
- Appropriate action to ensure client feels heard, supported, and reassured that the project is on track
- Escalate concerns to the management team, as needed
- Maintain a close overall focus on customer satisfaction, quality of service delivery, and proactive communication
- Create and update project plan
- Lead project meetings and status meetings with both client and project team members with project meeting minutes to keep track of action items along with a record of discussion points to effectively communicate status of projects
- Identify and update project risk registration and create mitigation strategy plan
- Effectively manage to meet performance metric for each critical milestone duration set by management standards
- Review, monitor and manage project budgets including monthly cash flows (Manage vendors to keep on track of cash flows)
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, architecture or construction and project management field
- 5-7 years of client-facing project management experience
- 1-2 years of construction management in Critical Facilities, MEP infrastructure field overseeing complex capital improvement projects
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with project management software (MS Project, Smartsheet or similar solution)
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Facilities Construction Project Management. Leads or coordinates construction projects, such as developing a new facility, the addition, expansion, or extension of an existing facility, or renovation/alterations to a facility in collaboration with project team, construction site and management. Can develop entry level project budgets, make project assignments based on skill sets of contractors & vendors, build entry level project schedules and timetables, and lead project responsibilities for team members for the duration of the project. Organizes and directs construction personnel, and ensures that materials and equipment resources are delivered on time.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years experience in a supervisory capacity within construction
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.