Controller - Multi Location / Multi Account
You’re a details person. You analyze and review data, uncovering trends that impact the bottom line.
Sodexo is seeking a Controller - Multi Location / Multi Account for Tufts Medical Center located in Boston, MA. Tufts Medical Center, part of Tufts Medicine, is an internationally-respected academic medical center – a teaching hospital where they pride themselves not only in the sophistication of the care they provide but the compassionate way in which they provide it.
In this role you will report to the Client Executive who oversees the system, and provide financial leadership for the unit, including the 3 sites within Tufts. The Controller will utilize their client relationship and presentation skills to foster a successful partnership with site management, while aiding the team in maintaining financial goals.
This position is offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus as well as a hybrid work schedule (mostly likely 3 days on site and 2 remote, but may vary throughout the year based upon business needs).
The successful candidate will:
- make recommendations to Unit management for action and/or modifications to financial procedures, plans, and controls
- provide support to GM's/DM's/RVP's/DVP's in order to ensure accurate results and help improve profitability
- resolve client billing issues and managing and collecting receivable
- facilitate implementation of corrective action plans developed during an audit
- assist in the monthly/quarterly/year-end close process to ensure accuracy and integrity of results at the unit/district/region/division level
- perform ad hoc financial analysis for Unit/District management
- maintain records and reports necessary to comply with Company, government, and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and codes
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have prior experience within healthcare or a comparable role (i.e. financial analyst) and understanding of invoicing, billing, and compliance
- are experienced in analyzing and interpreting budgeting trends
- demonstrate a strong track record in building effective client relationships
- utilize strong Excel and Essbase skills
Learn more about Tufts Medical Center here: https://www.tuftsmedicalcenter.org/About-Us
Employees who work at this location are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Finance positions in a variety of markets, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Finance jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Manages all accounting and financial matters for either a large multi-size national account OR a large complex single location account
- Data Collection from field - data review, analysis and suggestion of process improvement, review of FSC spot audits, accounts receivable review, review of new business,
- Oversight and direction of annual budgeting process & oversight and direction of period close process for all sites for Sodexo and Client, creation and maintenance of area forecasts, oversight of Project Clear compliance for portfolio.
- Financial Training and development of Sodexo General Managers.
- Creation, delivery & presentation of client specific financial reports as needed
- Oversight, training and support of POS systems and other cashless technology
-Train other controllers, analysts and field in contract interpretation, accounting procedures, system applications, and other areas
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in finance, accounting or related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.