Controller - Multi Location / Multi Account
You’re a details person. You analyze and review data, uncovering trends that impact the bottom line.
Sodexo Universities is seeking a Multi-Unit Controller - Universities for oversight of multiple food service university accounts at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, TX. This position will manage accounting and financial matters and provide oversight to drive financial performance. This position will grow to support additional regional operations.
This Multi-Location Controller will provide unit finance support for weekly flash projections, participation in final budget reviews, forecast updates, period close, and ad hoc reporting (daily, weekly and monthly). This Controller will serve as the primary point of contact for unit and district finance projections, questions and concerns. Ensures weekly and monthly financial reports are completed for client and as well as monthly analysis of those results and detailed variance explanations are submitted within specific deadlines. University experience a plus as well as the ability to manage the financial portion of client contracts.
The Multi-Unit Controller will:
- Calculating the weekly and monthly financials
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Assisting with the month-end closing process
- AP and AR
- Work on client financial reporting, ability to present financial data to client
- Monitor and analyze financial data;
- Conduct UFS entries; unit transfers, perform reconciliations;
- Monitor accounting and finance processes/projects;
- Ensure integrity of business line internal financial reporting, prepare client income statements and billings;
- Work in a team environment to ensure department deadlines are met;
- Work pro-actively to prevent problems, and identify and implement innovative solutions;
- Set analysis standards and maintain strong business relationships;
- Foster cooperation toward achieving department and organizational goals; and/or
- Communicate with all levels of the organization.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Manages all accounting and financial matters for either a large multi-size national account OR a large complex single location account
- Data Collection from field - data review, analysis and suggestion of process improvement, review of FSC spot audits, accounts receivable review, review of new business,
- Oversight and direction of annual budgeting process & oversight and direction of period close process for all sites for Sodexo and Client, creation and maintenance of area forecasts, oversight of Project Clear compliance for portfolio.
- Financial Training and development of Sodexo General Managers.
- Creation, delivery & presentation of client specific financial reports as needed
- Oversight, training and support of POS systems and other cashless technology
-Train other controllers, analysts and field in contract interpretation, accounting procedures, system applications, and other areas
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in finance, accounting or related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.