COO- US Healthcare
Sodexo Healthcare is seeking to fill the Chief Operating Officer for Healthcare North America Operations. We are seeking a strategic leader with a compelling and energetic executive presence and the ability to promote a collaborative, successful partnership to lead and grow a complex, diverse, portfolio of healthcare clients.
This role requires superior client relationship management skills, strategic planning, operational execution, people leadership skills, and the ability to effectively manage a $3B business with 10 direct reports.
This role will be responsible for leading the business to achieve economic and commercial performance and managing talent across a national book of business. The Chief Operating Officer will work in collaboration with The CEO of Healthcare to deliver on our Quality-of-Life positioning and achieve a safe working environment that meets or exceeds business targets. The individual will be a key member of the Healthcare executive leadership team and will work with peers to develop and implement the segment strategy and more widely in the region to deliver sustainable, profitable growth and value for Sodexo healthcare clients and our business. Manage and develop the division talent in collaboration with HR and segment leadership.
This is a remote-based position with the ideal candidate living close to a major airport with 50% travel.
Competitive total compensation package offered, will be based on selected candidate experience/ geography.
What you will do:
- Lead operations team in achieving annual business plan targets; instrumental in ensuring consistent and effective internal processes and communications strengthen operations infrastructure and to position each SVP territory for continued success.
- Lead and develop talent by setting clear expectations, holding leaders accountable through effective performance management strategies, and serve as a mentor to team.
- Creates and proactively works on the web of influence and engages with others to drive progress.
- Source new and expanded client relationships to position for ongoing growth. Builds and maintains positive, sustainable relationships with clients and internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensuring Operational Excellence and ensures Contract Design & Management is embedded in the business.
- Identifies and acts on market and industry drivers that impact existing services and proactively recommends changes or improvements. Ensure competitive watch and identify early market trends.
- Ensure barriers are removed; focus is on actions and accountability.
- Role-model behaviors aligned with the Sodexo Group values (Service Spirit, Team Spirit, and Spirit of Progress).
What you bring:
- Resilient and confident leader in complex business situations; resourceful in finding ways to get things done and continue to drive progress despite obstacles.
- Demonstrated experience (10+ years) in leading operations teams, with a preference to candidates who have led teams in the markets we serve.
- Deep experience in B2B4C services industry with deep understanding of client relationships.
- Demonstrated Leadership skills to interact and influence within all levels of the organization with a strong track record of achieving results through team support and teamwork
- Ability to find innovative ways of solving and/or anticipating client needs.
- Global mindset, international experience and/or exposure.
Is this the opportunity for you?
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Must have senior leadership experience (preferably Vice President level or higher) managing a substantial matrixed client portfolio with a revenue excess $2B in a contracted services environment. Healthcare contracted services or related experience highly preferred.
- May consider high end top tier large operations hospitality and food & beverage operations background with a focus on exceptional customer service.
- Must have exceptional client operations management, relationship building at client c-suite executive level.
- Proven experience managing a large P&L to increase share of wallet.
- Requires demonstrated relationship management skills necessary to secure operational commitments and results from people leaders to front-line employees.
- Deep knowledge of guest experience/hospitality to understand the needs of our clients to provide creative solutions to continue to drive the value of Sodexo with our clients.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
The Senior Vice President 2, NorAm Operations – Hospitals will lead an Operational team in the United States comprising of the Healthcare segment SVPs, RVPs, and Client Executives to deliver on our Quality of Life positioning and achieve a safe working environment that meets or exceeds economic and commercial performance targets. Work with the CEO Healthcare NorAm to develop and implement the segment strategy within the United States and more widely in NorAm to deliver sustainable, profitable growth and value for Sodexo clients and our business. Partner with Commercial team to develop the growth strategy and drive new sales within Healthcare. Develop relationships with key clients and network at all levels of a Healthcare organization; cultivate partnerships and drive Sodexo brand recognition through creative offers. In collaboration with the segment Sales team, ensuring that the new development and cross-selling development targets are met through solutions selling and development of a robust pipeline. Drive Operational Excellence through continuous improvement, innovation, industrial engineering for enhanced results with current client base and to demonstrate best in class offers for new business. Managing and developing the segment talent in collaboration with HR and segment leadership. Building all segment activity in the United States in line with Group policies and standards.
In collaboration with the CEO Healthcare NorAm, developing and implementing the United States Healthcare segment strategy in full alignment with the global and NorAm strategy to deliver sustainable, profitable growth.
- Contributing to the building of an ambitious vision for the Healthcare segment, as a member of the Healthcare team and collaboration with peers in the Healthcare sector in other countries around the world as appropriate to drive the business and create a “one-team” approach
- Leading, developing and driving – in full alignment with the CEO Healthcare NorAm – the US Healthcare segment vision, strategy, initiatives and offers based on deep knowledge of clients’ and consumers’ needs and focused on Quality of Life to deliver sustainable profitable growth and a safe working environment
- Ensuring full alignment with the global and regional Healthcare segment strategy & associated initiatives and actions
- Delivering with the support of marketing the unique segment value proposition focused on Quality of Life
- Delivering on the revenue, EBIT, cash and other financial targets built as part of Unites States’ targets and plans within the scope of delegation, proposing acquisitions and investments in line with the segment strategy to the CEO Healthcare NorAm.
Leading the United States segment to achieve economic and commercial performance
- Ensuring the safety of all people through appropriate anticipation, identification and mitigation of risks
- Guaranteeing to the CEO Healthcare NorAm as part of the Healthcare leadership, and ultimately the Global Segment CEO, the economic and commercial performance of the segment in United States
- Identifying key trends in the segment market, and being responsible for input to and implementation of new offerings and continually enhancing the distinctive elements of the segment offer
- Ensuring the development of the segment assets for sustainable growth: client and consumer insights, client base, Quality of Life Index, offers, solutions and contributing to services development
- Ensuring that the environment is in place to deliver our promise of improving the Quality of Life for segment employees; their engagement, retention, development and productivity
- Ensuring client acquisition, development and management and operating accounts in collaboration with Transversal Teams
- Developing and maintaining strategic partnerships with clients at the highest level, ensuring the alignment of our services to the needs and long-term strategies of our clients in the region. Participating actively in presentations, meetings and negotiations with customers on accounts and situations with very high stakes
Managing and developing the United States Healthcare segment talent
- Ensuring leadership development and succession plans are in place for key segment positions (including own position and direct reports) in partnership with Segment HR and in full alignment with the policies, frameworks, guidelines and processes developed by Group Talent
- Ensuring the detection and management of segment talent at each level of the organization in the country, through measurement of individual and collective performance and talent review processes in collaboration with the group’s talent processes and the HR team
- Promoting the development of employees by allocating increasing responsibilities and enabling access to development programs according to strategic needs and in collaboration with HR
- Driving Quality of Life for segment employees by defining and implementing supporting initiatives
- Leading and managing all segment talent effectively within the context of defined labor environments and union agreements
- Ensuring – in partnership with Segment HR – that all training needs are systematically identified, and – via HR Services – delivered
Building all Healthcare segment activity in line with Group policies and standards
- Building and leading the team comprising of SVPs, RVPs, and Client Executives, in partnership with United States Sales Leader and dedicated functional resources through consistent personal role-modeling of behaviors aligned with the Sodexo Group values and ethical principles
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 10 years
Basic Functional Experience - 10 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Pay: $217,500 to $341,660/year
$217500 to $341660
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 969526