Cook III at Mt. Van Hovenberg in Lake Placid
Job Listing: Cook III
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking a Cook III for the Mt. Van Hovenberg located in Lake Placid, NY.
Wage: $19.00 - $22.00 per hour
Mt. Van Hoevenberg is the home of a state-of-the-art Biathlon & Cross-Country Ski Center, World Class Combined Sliding Track, 55 km (about 34.18 mi) of Cross-Country Ski Trails & more. Home of the 2025 Bobsled World Championships, 2023 FIL Luge World Cup, 2023 IBSF Bobsled World Cup, and more world-class sporting events.
The Cook III position performs as an entry level culinarian among its peer cook positions. The Cook III will assume prep, grill or line responsibilities within the kitchen that require less detail and creativity and will perform responsibilities for food preparation that require less experience and expertise than Cook I and Cook II.
The Cook III will contribute to Sodexo Live!'s operational and financial success by following all Sodexo Live! culinary standards for sanitation and preparation to ensure that food product is of the highest quality in taste and appearance, to satisfy guest expectations and to maximize food revenues.
- Prepare and coordinate orders to ensure they are cooked timely and with accuracy and prepared with the absolute highest quality of taste and presentation.
- Comply with all established health, sanitation and safety procedures.
- Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to customer service and leading the culinary team by example.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in food preparation in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to interact verbally and listen attentively to co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to follow written and oral direction.
- Ability to work under pressure and independently.
- Culinary degree from an accredited college or university.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.