Cook III @ Mt. Van Hoevenberg
- Lake Placid, NY
- Part Time
- Min/Max Pay: $16.00 per hour - $19.00 per hour
Job Listing: Cook III
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That's why we're proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated to the sports, events and hospitality industry. We concentrate all of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let's go Live! together.
Location: We are seeking a Cook III for Mr. Van Hoevenberg located in Lake Placid, NY.
Mt. Van Hoevenberg is the home of a state-of-the-art Biathlon & Cross-Country Ski Center, World Class Combined Sliding Track, 55 km (about 34.18 mi) of Cross-Country Ski Trails & more. Home of the 2025 Bobsled World Championships, 2023 FIL Luge World Cup, 2023 IBSF Bobsled World Cup, and more world-class sporting events.
The Cook III position performs as an entry level culinarian among its peer cook positions. The Cook III will assume prep, grill or line responsibilities within the kitchen will perform responsibilities for food preparation.
The Cook III will contribute to Sodexo Live!'s operational and financial success by following all Sodexo Live! Culinary standards for sanitation and preparation to ensure that food product is of the highest quality in taste and appearance, to satisfy guest expectations and to maximize food revenues.
- Prepare and coordinate orders to ensure they are cooked timely and with accuracy and prepared with the absolute highest quality of taste and presentation.
- Comply with all established health, sanitation and safety procedures.
- Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to customer service and leading the culinary team by example.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in food preparation in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to interact verbally and listen attentively to co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to follow written and oral direction.
- Ability to work under pressure and independently.
- Culinary degree from an accredited college or university.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.