Cooks - Cooperstown All Star Village
- Oneonta, NY, USA
- 15-25 per hour
- Part Time
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A FUN JOB IN HOSPITALITY, THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!
Sodexo Live! is currently hiring for the Cooperstown All Star Village!
Cooperstown All Star Village is looking for Part-time Cooks I, Cooks II and Cooks III.
Sodexo Live! Information:
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Cooperstown All Star Village
Cooperstown All Star Village (CASV) is a 70-acre resort, including hotels, restaurants, and twelve state-of-the-art youth baseball fields, hosts a week-long summer baseball camp for U12 players.
The Cook III position performs as an entry level culinarian among its peer cook positions. The Cook III will assume prep, grill or line responsibilities within the kitchen that require less detail and creativity and will perform responsibilities for food preparation that require less experience and expertise than Cook I and Cook II.
The Cook II position performs as a mid-level short order or grill cook among its peer cook positions. The Cook II will assume stations requiring a moderate level of difficulty and will perform responsibilities for food preparation that require a more sophisticated level of detail, experience and expertise than Cook III, but not as complex as the Cook I.
The Cook I position performs as an informal leader among its peer cook positions. The Cook I will assume grill or line responsibilities within the kitchen requiring detail and creativity and will perform responsibilities for food preparation that require a greater level of experience and expertise than Cook II and Cook III
Major Responsibility: Prepare and coordinate orders to ensure they are cooked in a timely, accurate, consistent and quality manner.
* Set up and stock station and ensure other work areas are stocked accordingly, as directed by Executive Chef or Sous Chef.
* Utilize proper recipes, equipment, tools and utensils.
* Adhere to company standards for food quality, taste, flavor and presentation.
* Ensure that food is portioned and presented according to standards, as well as guest
specifications and preferences; Inspect portions and appearance of food prepared by other staff members, as directed by Executive Chef or Sous Chef to ensure consistent adherence to Sodexo Live! standards for food quality.
* Ensure all products are prepared, held and served at correct temperatures.
* Work in collaboration with other unit culinary team members to achieve operational objectives; Assist in training fellow kitchen staff members, as directed by Executive Chef or Sous Chef.
* Participate and assist in coordinating the flow of work within the culinary department to maximize quality and efficiency. End Results: Food is prepared and presented in a consistent, efficient and appetizing manner: All Sodexo Live! standards for food quality are met; Guests receive an E3 experience; Culinary department runs smoothly.
Major Responsibility: Comply with all established health, sanitation and safety procedures.
* Wash and dry hands frequently.
* Utilize box cutters for opening boxes and ensure proper usage and storage of knives.
* Utilize proper lifting procedures; Use a hand truck or cart to transport large items and ask for assistance when necessary.
* Do not move too quickly or run through kitchen areas.
* Move cautiously near corners and when carrying things; Report any blind corners, problem floor surfaces, or hazardous areas.
* Ensure the proper storage, rotation, labeling and dating of all products.
* Serve as an example for keeping work areas clean, sanitized and organized.
* Follow sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen and/or dining areas.
* Follow all OSHA guidelines, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HAACP) guidelines, ServSafe guidelines, and Personal Protective equipment (PPE) requirements.
* Monitor and comply with established Sodexo Live! standards for safe usage of kitchen equipment and general safe work practices.
End Results: Accidents/Incidents are minimized; Loss is mitigated; Que3st Standards are achieved for all food safety and sanitation measurements. Profitability is maximized.
Major Responsibility: Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to teamwork and service.
* Apply consistent focus on the customer by paying close attention to detail, accommodating
special requests and never allowing less than perfect food product to leave the kitchen.
* Participate in and foster positive team relations with both front and back of the house staff.
* Assist with re-stocking of equipment, supplies and food items as needed.
* Work multiple stations throughout a shift, as assigned.
* Train, support and assist other positions when needed, as directed by Executive Chef or Sous Chef.
* Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time.
End Results: 100% Customer Satisfaction is achieved; Sodexo Live! is recognized at the #1 Event Hospitality provider.
Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for entire shift. Must be able to frequently lift and carry food and other items weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally greater. Must be able to go from
warm to cold climates (workstation to coolers). Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Must be able to meet the following requirements with reasonable accommodation:
* While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time.
* The employee must be able to use hands to finger, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell.
* The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
* The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and carry approximately 20 feet.
* Ability to physically walk approximately one-fourth (¼) of a mile and the circumference of the unit several times a day.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* The employee must be able to read and comprehend a BEO, diagram and any other documents to ensure that the guests' needs are met.
* While performing duties of this job, the associate is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat.
* Employee must be able to perform repetitive motions.
* The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold.
* Employee must be able to work in a cold environment - such as when cleaning walk-in refrigerators.
* The employee frequently has hands in soapy water and/or cleaning and sanitizing chemicals.
* Employee must have ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
* Employee must be able to operate in an environment with moderate to high noise
* Employee must have the ability to walk with non-skid shoes at all times.
* Employee must have the ability to access and produce information on a computer.
* Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.