Cooks @ Indianapolis Zoo
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- 14-16 per hour
- Full Time & Part Time
Job Listing: Cooks
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That's why we're proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated to the sports, events and hospitality industry. We concentrate all of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let's go Live! together.
Location: We are seeking a Cook for the INDIANAPOLIS ZOO.
The Cook I position performs as an informal leader among its peer cook positions. The Cook I will assume grill or line responsibilities within the kitchen requiring detail and creativity and will perform responsibilities for food preparation that require a greater level of experience and expertise than Cook II and Cook III.
This position may exist in a convention center, a sporting or events arena, restaurant or other type of entertainment-related venue that is managed by Sodexo Live!.
The Cook I will contribute to Sodexo Live!'s operational and financial success by following all Sodexo Live! culinary standards for sanitation and preparation, and by guiding other Culinary staff members to ensure that food product is of the highest quality in taste and appearance, to satisfy guest expectations and to maximize food revenues
Essential Responsibilities: Prepare and coordinate orders to ensure they are cooked in a timely, accurate, consistent and quality manner. Comply with all established health, sanitation and safety procedures. Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to teamwork and service.
Required: Minimum of 3 years experience in food preparation in a fast paced environment. Must be able to interact verbally and listen attentively to co-workers and supervisors. Ability to follow written and oral direction. Ability to work under pressure and independently.
Preferred: Culinary degree from an accredited college or university. 2+ years experience in food preparation in a fast paced environment.
Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for entire shift. Must be able to frequently lift and carry food and other items weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally greater. Must be able to go from warm to cold climates (workstation to coolers). Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- The employee must be able to use hands to finger, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and carry approximately 20 feet.
- Ability to physically walk approximately one-fourth (¼) of a mile and the circumference of the unit several times a day.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be able to read and comprehend a BEO, diagram and any other documents to ensure that the guests' needs are met.
- While performing duties of this job, the associate is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat.
- Employee must be able to perform repetitive motions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold.
- Employee must be able to work in a cold environment - such as when cleaning walk-in refrigerators.
- The employee frequently has hands in soapy water and/or cleaning and sanitizing chemicals.
- Employee must have ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Employee must be able to operate in an environment with moderate to high noise
- Employee must have the ability to walk with non-skid shoes at all times.
- Employee must have the ability to access and produce information on a computer.
- Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight (pots, pans, etc.); must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.