Dietitian Nutritionist I - Healthcare
Your nutritional know-how can help patients in your community live happier, healthier lives.
Sodexo Healthcare is seeking a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (Part-Time for 24 hours week) to come join their dynamic clinical team at Centinela Hospital Medical Center a 369-bed acute care hospital located in Inglewood, California.
Sodexo offers benefits for Part-Time Dietitian Nutritionists including:
- Reimbursement for AND dues, state licensure fees and CDR renewal
- money toward continuing education events
- up to $5000.00
- tuition reimbursement annually
- a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, plus health and wellness programs!
Reporting to the General Manager, this Registered Dietitian will:
- Be a Registered Dietitian (or RD eligible for certification);
- providing inpatient nutrition care and patient assessments to a variety of patients for a population with a variety of different disease states;
- educate patients, family members and staff in the concepts of nutrition and diet modifications;
- work with the clinical team a flexible schedule of 24 hours week and working Sunday -Thursday OR Monday -Friday.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- The skills to demonstrate excellent communication and provide excellent customer/patient service;
- an outcome focused outlook, the ability to work well independently and with physicians, nursing, ancillary staff and collaboratively as part of a team ;
- excellent time management skills and being a self-starter is a must!
To learn more about Centinela Hospital Medical Center: www.centinelamed.com
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Dietitian positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Dietitian jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. As the largest private employer of dietitians, we have tremendous job opportunities for registered dietitians who are looking to get more out of their career!
Employees who work in Healthcare are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides general nutrition care for patients, residents, and the community in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Functions as a nutrition resource to assigned patient care areas and foodservice staff to ensure the provision of safe, high quality care. Maintains professional and business practices to assure regulatory compliance and to uphold company mission, values, and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement. Contributes to financial and clinical outcomes through implementation of services.
Executes the Nutrition Care Process (assessment, nutrition diagnosis, intervention, monitoring and evaluation) in general clinical practice; is accountable for the provision of safe and reliable care and services and completion of documentation in accordance with individual and statutory scope, regulatory standards and facility policies, protocols and practice guidelines, including clinical privileges. - 50%
Provides evidence-based nutrition counseling and training to meet basic clinical needs, promote disease management, educate healthcare personnel, interns and students on nutrition care strategies and support foodservice staff competency; functions within established educational frameworks using resources as provided and initiates referrals as needed to elevate care, support continuation of nutrition care plans or enhance educational processes. - 20%
Participates in interdisciplinary activities to promote the nutrition care plan and serve as a resource on nutrition-related issues; collaborates and communicates with clinical and culinary departments in the development, implementation and promotion of operating standards, tools, resources and programs for general clinical practice and foodservice operations in accordance with Sodexo standards. - 10%
Participates in performance improvement (PI) activities with minimal supervision and demonstrates a drive for continuous improvement. - 10%
Continually improves performance and demonstrates professional growth by advancing nutrition-related skills and engaging in tailored continuing education to enhance knowledge, skills and judgment obtained in formal education. - 10%
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree with completion of required coursework and supervised practice as dictated by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) (Note: For those seeking registration after 2023, this must be a master’s degree)
- Meets eligibility requirements for Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) and will become registered within 120 days of hire. In some states and/or facilities the RD/RDN credentials is required at the time of hire
- Certification/licensure as required by state(s) of practice
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.