Dietitian Nutritionist I - Healthcare
Grow your career with a team that shares your desire to make a difference
Sodexo has an outstanding opportunity for a Part Time Registered Dietitian working 30 hours per week with excellent benefits at Sky Ridge Medical Center in Lone Tree, Colorado. A Level 2 Trauma Hospital with 282 beds, the hospital offers a range of medical services to patients and is the premier Women's Birthing Center south of Denver.
- Reimbursement for AND dues, state licensure fees and CDR renewal
- Money toward continuing education events
- Up to $5000 tuition reimbursement annually
- a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, plus health and wellness programs
The successful candidate will:
- Be a Registered Dietitian with experience in an acute care setting working with various patient populations
- Experience in nutrition support including writing parenteral and enteral orders
- Be self-motivated and possess skills to improve and sustain both Patient and Employee Satisfaction
- Have responsibility for the nutrition care of patient populations with a variety of disease states
- Be able to effectively round with employees and key nursing leaders on a regular basis to ensure needs are being met
- Have a highly visible role with client interaction and represent the department on hospital-wide committees
- Be able to establish and manage quality/performance initiatives for the department and communicate results to the internal team and client
- Have a strong understanding of regulatory readiness and nutrition standards of care
- Serve as an outstanding team player with excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must be willing to complete background check and drug test
To learn more about Sky Ridge Medical Center please visit: http://www.skyridgemedcenter.com/
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Dietitian positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Dietitian jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. As the largest private employer of dietitians, we have tremendous job opportunities for registered dietitians who are looking to get more out of their career!
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides general nutrition care for patients, residents, and the community in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Functions as a nutrition resource to assigned patient care areas and foodservice staff to ensure the provision of safe, high quality care. Maintains professional and business practices to assure regulatory compliance and to uphold company mission, values, and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement. Contributes to financial and clinical outcomes through implementation of services.
Executes the Nutrition Care Process (assessment, nutrition diagnosis, intervention, monitoring and evaluation) in general clinical practice; is accountable for the provision of safe and reliable care and services and completion of documentation in accordance with individual and statutory scope, regulatory standards and facility policies, protocols and practice guidelines, including clinical privileges. - 50%
Provides evidence-based nutrition counseling and training to meet basic clinical needs, promote disease management, educate healthcare personnel, interns and students on nutrition care strategies and support foodservice staff competency; functions within established educational frameworks using resources as provided and initiates referrals as needed to elevate care, support continuation of nutrition care plans or enhance educational processes. - 20%
Participates in interdisciplinary activities to promote the nutrition care plan and serve as a resource on nutrition-related issues; collaborates and communicates with clinical and culinary departments in the development, implementation and promotion of operating standards, tools, resources and programs for general clinical practice and foodservice operations in accordance with Sodexo standards. - 10%
Participates in performance improvement (PI) activities with minimal supervision and demonstrates a drive for continuous improvement. - 10%
Continually improves performance and demonstrates professional growth by advancing nutrition-related skills and engaging in tailored continuing education to enhance knowledge, skills and judgment obtained in formal education. - 10%
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree with completion of required coursework and supervised practice as dictated by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) (Note: For those seeking registration after 2023, this must be a master’s degree)
- Meets eligibility requirements for Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) and will become registered within 120 days of hire. In some states and/or facilities the RD/RDN credentials is required at the time of hire
- Certification/licensure as required by state(s) of practice
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.