Dietitian Nutritionist I
Grow your career with a team that shares your desire to make a difference.
Sodexo is seeking a Registered Dietitian to come join their dynamic team at Olathe Medical Center, located in Olathe, Kansas (Kansas City Area). The full time position with benefits and will work ~ 40 hours per week at Olathe Medical Center.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a Registered Dietitian with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Licensed Dietitian in the state of Kansas
- Conduct inpatient nutrition assessments, perform nutrition-focused physical exams, provide nutrition support recommendations and diet education following the Nutrition Care Process and utilizing the ADIME charting format.
- Have a strong understanding of the connection between diet, lifestyle and disease and how these factors impact wellness
- Have experience documenting in the electronic medical record; experience with Cerner charting system a plus.
- Have a strong focus on driving outstanding patient satisfaction results and driving process improvement activities.
- Have the ability to work closely in a multidisciplinary team setting and participate in unit rounding.
- Be flexible, a team player, and possess good time management skills
- Able to maintain a highly visible role, interact with clients, represent the department on hospital-wide medical staff, nursing and interdisciplinary committees
- Have the ability to work well with physicians/providers, nursing, and ancillary staff and work collaboratively as part of a team, as well as independently and be outcome focused
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Work as part of the clinical team and play an integral role with a mission to exceed client satisfaction through the application of Sodexo programs
- Lead and drive Performance Improvement and Quality Management projects
- Be self-directed, flexible, a team player with excellent time management, verbal, and written communication skills
- Have prior experience with electronic medical records charting and the nutrition care process
- Have strong desire to continue learning and advancing skills
- Assist the Clinical Nutrition Manager with other projects as needed.
- Licensure in Kansas required prior to employment
Learn More Visit: https://www.olathehealth.org/
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you? At Sodexo, we offer Dietitian positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Dietitian jobs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides general nutrition care for patients, residents, and the community in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Functions as a nutrition resource to assigned patient care areas and foodservice staff to ensure the provision of safe, high quality care. Maintains professional and business practices to assure regulatory compliance and to uphold company mission, values, and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement. Contributes to financial and clinical outcomes through implementation of services.
Executes the Nutrition Care Process (assessment, nutrition diagnosis, intervention, monitoring and evaluation) in general clinical practice; is accountable for the provision of safe and reliable care and services and completion of documentation in accordance with individual and statutory scope, regulatory standards and facility policies, protocols and practice guidelines, including clinical privileges. - 50%
Provides evidence-based nutrition counseling and training to meet basic clinical needs, promote disease management, educate healthcare personnel, interns and students on nutrition care strategies and support foodservice staff competency; functions within established educational frameworks using resources as provided and initiates referrals as needed to elevate care, support continuation of nutrition care plans or enhance educational processes. - 20%
Participates in interdisciplinary activities to promote the nutrition care plan and serve as a resource on nutrition-related issues; collaborates and communicates with clinical and culinary departments in the development, implementation and promotion of operating standards, tools, resources and programs for general clinical practice and foodservice operations in accordance with Sodexo standards. - 10%
Participates in performance improvement (PI) activities with minimal supervision and demonstrates a drive for continuous improvement. - 10%
Continually improves performance and demonstrates professional growth by advancing nutrition-related skills and engaging in tailored continuing education to enhance knowledge, skills and judgment obtained in formal education. - 10%
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree with completion of required coursework and supervised practice as dictated by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) (Note: For those seeking registration after 2023, this must be a master’s degree)
- Meets eligibility requirements for Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) and will become registered within 120 days of hire. In some states and/or facilities the RD/RDN credentials is required at the time of hire
- Certification/licensure as required by state(s) of practice
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.