Dietitian Nutritionist I
Come work for the world’s leading private employer of Registered Dietitians!
Sodexo is seeking a full time Registered Dietitian to come join their dynamic team at The University of Texas Medical Branch, located in Galveston, TX.
UTMB Health’s four campuses are located in Galveston, League City, Clear Lake, and Angleton Danbury for a total of 800 licensed beds and include a Level 1 Trauma Center, Blocker Burn Unit, Level 4 NICU, pediatric specialties, transplant services, a certified comprehensive stroke center, TDCJ prison hospital and magnet recognition. Significant growth in operational beds and clinical programs is planned for all campuses.
Position offers $2,000 Sign-On Bonus + $2,000 retention
The Registered Dietitian will report to the system Clinical Nutrition Manager. The ideal candidate will:
- Be a Registered Dietitian, Licensed Dietitian, experience preferred.
- Be able to perform nutrition-focused physical exams, provide nutrition support recommendations and nutrition education as needed.
- Monitor and evaluate patient care outcomes on an ongoing basis
- Participate in departmental, clinical, and other meetings related to areas of practice
- Utilize electronic medical records within the practice environment and be familiar with the Nutrition Care Process & Model and Epic Electronic System (preferred)
- Have a strong focus on driving outstanding patient satisfaction results and driving process improvement activities.
- Stay current with the scientific literature and support the clinical nutrition team, other healthcare providers, students in university programs, foodservice staff, patients, and families in understanding nutrition strategies to support and improve quality of life and clinical outcomes.
- Be an excellent communicator and have the ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Be able to creatively problem solve, work independently with minimal supervision and make decisions while working within a self-directed and team-oriented work environment
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Dietitian positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Dietitian jobs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides general nutrition care for patients, residents, and the community in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Functions as a nutrition resource to assigned patient care areas and foodservice staff to ensure the provision of safe, high quality care. Maintains professional and business practices to assure regulatory compliance and to uphold company mission, values, and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement. Contributes to financial and clinical outcomes through implementation of services.
Executes the Nutrition Care Process (assessment, nutrition diagnosis, intervention, monitoring and evaluation) in general clinical practice; is accountable for the provision of safe and reliable care and services and completion of documentation in accordance with individual and statutory scope, regulatory standards and facility policies, protocols and practice guidelines, including clinical privileges. - 50%
Provides evidence-based nutrition counseling and training to meet basic clinical needs, promote disease management, educate healthcare personnel, interns and students on nutrition care strategies and support foodservice staff competency; functions within established educational frameworks using resources as provided and initiates referrals as needed to elevate care, support continuation of nutrition care plans or enhance educational processes. - 20%
Participates in interdisciplinary activities to promote the nutrition care plan and serve as a resource on nutrition-related issues; collaborates and communicates with clinical and culinary departments in the development, implementation and promotion of operating standards, tools, resources and programs for general clinical practice and foodservice operations in accordance with Sodexo standards. - 10%
Participates in performance improvement (PI) activities with minimal supervision and demonstrates a drive for continuous improvement. - 10%
Continually improves performance and demonstrates professional growth by advancing nutrition-related skills and engaging in tailored continuing education to enhance knowledge, skills and judgment obtained in formal education. - 10%
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree with completion of required coursework and supervised practice as dictated by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) (Note: For those seeking registration after 2023, this must be a master’s degree)
- Meets eligibility requirements for Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) and will become registered within 120 days of hire. In some states and/or facilities the RD/RDN credentials is required at the time of hire
- Certification/licensure as required by state(s) of practice
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.