Dietitian Nutritionist I
Come work for the world's leading private employer of Registered Dietitians!
Sodexo is seeking a full time Pediatric Endocrinology Dietitian to come join their dynamic team in the Endocrinology Clinic and General Nutrition Clinic at The University of Texas Medical Branch, with clinics located in League City, TX and Galveston, TX.
Position offers $2,000 Sign-On Bonus + $2,000 Retention
Start with 3 weeks’ vacation and 3 personal days!
Reimbursement for AND dues, state licensure fees and CDR renewal!
Money toward continuing education events!
Up to $5000 tuition reimbursement annually!
The Pediatric Dietitian will:
- provide assessment/evaluation and nutrition intervention/treatment of infants, pediatrics, adolescents with different endocrine disorders.
- work closely in an interdisciplinary team of physicians, physician assistants, nurses, and Certified Diabetes Educator.
- support a wide range of pediatric conditions that include, but not limited to type I diabetes, type II diabetes, failure to thrive, and obesity. In general nutrition clinic you may see the previous listed in addition to multiple food allergies, and picky eating/feeding difficulties.
- perform quality improvement initiatives
- educate healthcare team members including physicians, nurses, residents, medical students
This position will report to the system Clinical Nutrition Manager and ideal candidate will:
- Be able to perform nutrition-focused physical exams, provide nutrition support recommendations and nutrition education as needed.
- Monitor and evaluate patient care outcomes on an ongoing basis.
- Participate in departmental, clinical, and other meetings related to areas of practice.
- Precept dietetic interns and support CNM in corresponding with internship programs.
- Have a strong focus on driving outstanding patient satisfaction results and driving process improvement activities.
- Stay current with the scientific literature and support the clinical nutrition team, other healthcare providers, students in university programs, foodservice staff, patients, and families in understanding nutrition strategies to support and improve quality of life and clinical outcomes.
- Be an excellent communicator and have the ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Be a Registered Dietitian, Licensed Dietitian (TX), or eligible to obtain certifications
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree with completion of required coursework and supervised practice as dictated by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) (Note: For those seeking registration after 2023, this must be a master’s degree)
- Meets eligibility requirements for Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) and will become registered within 120 days of hire. In some states and/or facilities the RD/RDN credentials is required at the time of hire
- Certification/licensure as required by state(s) of practice
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.