Dietitian Nutritionist II - Healthcare
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Inpatient Registered Dietitian to come join their dynamic clinical team at Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian in Newport Beach, CA.
Hoag Memorial Hospital is a 411-bed hospital located between two campuses.
The Nutrition Care population includes: neonates, pediatrics, adolescents and adults and geriatrics.
This position is eligible for Sodexo benefits!
- Reimbursement for AND dues, state liscensure fees and CDR renewal
- Money toward continuing education events
- Up to $5000 tuition reimbursement annually
- a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, plus health and wellness programs.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A Registered Dietitian with at least 1 years of experience in acute care;
- responsible for performing screens, assessments, education and documentation utilizing Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) guidelines with EMR documentation (epic);
- implement care plans and counsels patients and family members;
- be working in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team;
- flexible, reliable, and knowledgeable to collaboratively work with a team of dietitians in a challenging acute care setting projects an image of professionalism.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- maintain excellent interpersonal communication skills to interact with a wide variety of individuals and groups;
- brings strong time management and organizational skills;
- is a self-starter and works well independently and with a team.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Dietitian positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Dietitian jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. As the largest private employer of dietitians we have tremendous job opportunities for registered dietitians who are looking to get more out of their career!
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides general to specialized nutrition care for patients, residents, and the community in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Functions as a nutrition resource to assigned patient care areas, developing peers, and foodservice staff to ensure the provision of safe, high quality care. May function as a Lead providing supervision to clinical nutrition and/or patient foodservice staff. Maintains professional and business practices to assure regulatory compliance and to uphold company mission, values, and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement. Contributes to financial and clinical outcomes through implementation of services.
Executes and directs the Nutrition Care Process (assessment, nutrition diagnosis, intervention, monitoring and evaluation) for complex practice as a specialist or in an expanded clinical role; is accountable for the provision of safe and reliable care and services and completion of documentation in accordance with individual and statutory scope, regulatory standards and facility policies, protocols and practice guidelines, including clinical privileges.- 40%
Provides evidence-based nutrition counseling and training to meet basic and specialized clinical needs, promote disease management, educate healthcare personnel, interns and students on nutrition care strategies and support foodservice staff competency; offers input into development and enhancement of learning activities and educational resources and initiates referrals as needed to elevate care, support continuation of nutrition care plans or elevate educational processes. - 20%
Continually improves and expands performance and demonstrates professional growth by advancing nutrition-related skills and engaging in tailored professional education to develop a deeper understanding of concepts and principles associated with one or more areas of specialty practice. - 20%
Conducts ongoing critical evaluation of the clinical nutrition practice/service line programs using multiple sources of data to support the organization’s strategic outcomes; promotes continuous improvement by actively contributing to the progression of nutrition and medical science, including research. - 20%
Continually enhances performance and demonstrates professional growth by advancing nutrition-related knowledge and skills; demonstrates growth in expertise and leadership through design and coordination of interprofessional engagement and continuing education activities.- 10%
Actively engages in interdisciplinary activities to promote the nutrition care plan and serve as a resource on nutrition-related issues; collaborates and communicates with clinical and culinary departments in the development, implementation and promotion of operating standards, tools, resources and programs for general and specialized clinical practice and foodservice operations in accordance with Sodexo standards; participates in the development of interdisciplinary policies and protocols. - 10%
Participates independently or with minimal guidance in performance improvement (PI) activities and demonstrates readiness to offer outcomes-based solutions to promote continuous improvement. - 10%
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's degree with completion of required coursework and supervised practice as dictated by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) (Note: For those seeking registration after 2023, a master’s degree will be required)
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years experienced practitioner able to work with minimal supervision
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Certification/licensure as required by state(s) of practice
- Specialty credential in area(s) of focused practice, as applicable, or advanced practice certification (RD-AP/RDN-AP)
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.