Dietitian Nutritionist II - Healthcare
Sodexo is seeking full time outpatient Cancer Center Registered Dietitian to provide nutrition care at SSM Health Saint Louis University Cancer Center located in St. Louis, MO.
Saint Louis University Cancer Center is accredited by the American College of Surgeons through its Commission on Cancer (CoC) and National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). We combine the latest advances in research, prevention and education with individualized care. Plus, as part of an academic medical practice, we are able to offer our patients access to clinical trials, where promising innovations in cancer treatment take shape.
Position is full time with excellent benefits.
- Reimbursement for AND dues, state licensure fees and CDR renewal
- Money toward continuing education events
- Up to $5000 tuition reimbursement annually
- a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, plus health and wellness programs
Position will report to Clinical Nutrition Manager and ideal candidate will:
- Work closely with the multidisciplinary team to provide evidence based nutrition interventions to a variety of oncology patients.
- Provide 1:1 medical nutrition therapy, seeing patients in multidisciplinary clinics, assisting patients with access to resources to meet their nutritional needs and participating in quality improvement initiatives.
- Be able to develop strong rapport with the nursing and medical staff
- Work with the Clinical Nutrition Manager and other Sodexo Management team to provide exemplary care to patients, staff and community.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a strong focus on driving outstanding patient satisfaction results and driving process improvement activities
- Be able to be flexible, a team player, and possess good time management skills
- Participate in patient satisfaction and quality improvement projects and other duties as assigned by Clinical Nutrition Manager
- Certified Oncology Specialist preferred not required
- Be a Registered Dietitian eligible for licensure in MO
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Dietitian positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Dietitian jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. As the largest private employer of dietitians, we have tremendous job opportunities for registered dietitians who are looking to get more out of their career!
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides general to specialized nutrition care for patients, residents, and the community in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Functions as a nutrition resource to assigned patient care areas, developing peers, and foodservice staff to ensure the provision of safe, high quality care. May function as a Lead providing supervision to clinical nutrition and/or patient foodservice staff. Maintains professional and business practices to assure regulatory compliance and to uphold company mission, values, and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement. Contributes to financial and clinical outcomes through implementation of services.
Executes and directs the Nutrition Care Process (assessment, nutrition diagnosis, intervention, monitoring and evaluation) for complex practice as a specialist or in an expanded clinical role; is accountable for the provision of safe and reliable care and services and completion of documentation in accordance with individual and statutory scope, regulatory standards and facility policies, protocols and practice guidelines, including clinical privileges.- 40%
Provides evidence-based nutrition counseling and training to meet basic and specialized clinical needs, promote disease management, educate healthcare personnel, interns and students on nutrition care strategies and support foodservice staff competency; offers input into development and enhancement of learning activities and educational resources and initiates referrals as needed to elevate care, support continuation of nutrition care plans or elevate educational processes. - 20%
Continually improves and expands performance and demonstrates professional growth by advancing nutrition-related skills and engaging in tailored professional education to develop a deeper understanding of concepts and principles associated with one or more areas of specialty practice. - 20%
Conducts ongoing critical evaluation of the clinical nutrition practice/service line programs using multiple sources of data to support the organization’s strategic outcomes; promotes continuous improvement by actively contributing to the progression of nutrition and medical science, including research. - 20%
Continually enhances performance and demonstrates professional growth by advancing nutrition-related knowledge and skills; demonstrates growth in expertise and leadership through design and coordination of interprofessional engagement and continuing education activities.- 10%
Actively engages in interdisciplinary activities to promote the nutrition care plan and serve as a resource on nutrition-related issues; collaborates and communicates with clinical and culinary departments in the development, implementation and promotion of operating standards, tools, resources and programs for general and specialized clinical practice and foodservice operations in accordance with Sodexo standards; participates in the development of interdisciplinary policies and protocols. - 10%
Participates independently or with minimal guidance in performance improvement (PI) activities and demonstrates readiness to offer outcomes-based solutions to promote continuous improvement. - 10%
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's degree with completion of required coursework and supervised practice as dictated by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) (Note: For those seeking registration after 2023, a master’s degree will be required)
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years experienced practitioner able to work with minimal supervision
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Certification/licensure as required by state(s) of practice
- Specialty credential in area(s) of focused practice, as applicable, or advanced practice certification (RD-AP/RDN-AP)
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.