Dietitian Nutritionist II
Grow your career and develop with a team that shares your desire to make a difference.
$3,000.00 Sign on Bonus!
Sodexo is seeking Full-Time Registered Dietitian to come join their dynamic clinical team at PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at Riverbend; a 388-bed acute care hospital located in Springfield, Oregon, one of two Sacred Heart facilities in the Eugene-Springfield area owned by PeaceHealth.
In this role, the selected candidate will work in all areas of the hospital (inpatient) providing care to inpatients with a variety of disease states. This is also a great opportunity to cross-train with the clinical team in disciplines that allow a higher acuity level.
Sodexo offers benefits Dietitian Nutritionists including:
- Reimbursement for AND dues, state licensure fees and CDR renewal
- money toward continuing education events
- up to $5000.00
- tuition reimbursement annually
- a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, plus health and wellness programs!
The successful candidate will:
- Be a Registered Dietitian with prior experience in an acute care setting
- Licensed in Oregon (or license eligible);
- Perform patient screens, assessments, education and documentation utilizing Medical Nutrition Therapy guidelines and Utilize Epic EMR documentation;
- Implement care plans and counsel patients and family members as needed;
- work In collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, a strong team of dietitians in a challenging acute care setting;
- Be involved as a clinical instructor and preceptor for dietetic interns, new hires, interns and peers.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- Will maintain excellent interpersonal communication skills to interact with a wide variety of individuals and groups;
- Bring strong time management and organizational skills and is self-directed;
- Be flexible, reliable, knowledgeable in the clinical arena.
The RiverBend facility is home to a 24-hour Level II trauma center including full medical/surgical care. The hospital also provides full women's and children's services, including labor and delivery, and a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Oregon Heart and Vascular Institute is located within the facility, as is the Oregon Neurosciences Institute. RiverBend is the only hospital outside of the Portland area to offer pediatric surgery.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Dietitian positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Dietitian jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. As the largest private employer of dietitians we have tremendous job opportunities for registered dietitians who are looking to get more out of their career!
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides general to specialized nutrition care for patients, residents, and the community in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Functions as a nutrition resource to assigned patient care areas, developing peers, and foodservice staff to ensure the provision of safe, high quality care. May function as a Lead providing supervision to clinical nutrition and/or patient foodservice staff. Maintains professional and business practices to assure regulatory compliance and to uphold company mission, values, and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement. Contributes to financial and clinical outcomes through implementation of services.
Executes and directs the Nutrition Care Process (assessment, nutrition diagnosis, intervention, monitoring and evaluation) for complex practice as a specialist or in an expanded clinical role; is accountable for the provision of safe and reliable care and services and completion of documentation in accordance with individual and statutory scope, regulatory standards and facility policies, protocols and practice guidelines, including clinical privileges.- 40%
Provides evidence-based nutrition counseling and training to meet basic and specialized clinical needs, promote disease management, educate healthcare personnel, interns and students on nutrition care strategies and support foodservice staff competency; offers input into development and enhancement of learning activities and educational resources and initiates referrals as needed to elevate care, support continuation of nutrition care plans or elevate educational processes. - 20%
Continually improves and expands performance and demonstrates professional growth by advancing nutrition-related skills and engaging in tailored professional education to develop a deeper understanding of concepts and principles associated with one or more areas of specialty practice. - 20%
Actively engages in interdisciplinary activities to promote the nutrition care plan and serve as a resource on nutrition-related issues; collaborates and communicates with clinical and culinary departments in the development, implementation and promotion of operating standards, tools, resources and programs for general and specialized clinical practice and foodservice operations in accordance with Sodexo standards; participates in the development of interdisciplinary policies and protocols. - 10%
Participates independently or with minimal guidance in performance improvement (PI) activities and demonstrates readiness to offer outcomes-based solutions to promote continuous improvement. - 10%
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's degree with completion of required coursework and supervised practice as dictated by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) (Note: For those seeking registration after 2023, a master’s degree will be required)
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years experienced practitioner able to work with minimal supervision
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Certification/licensure as required by state(s) of practice
- Specialty credential in area(s) of focused practice, as applicable, or advanced practice certification (RD-AP/RDN-AP)
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.