Dietitian Nutritionist III
Sodexo is seeking full time Registered Dietitian for Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital level I Pediatric Trauma Center and Level IV NICU located in St. Louis, Missouri. SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital has been recognized as a 2023-2024 Best Children’s Hospital by U.S. News & World Report.
Position offers $2500 sign on bonus and $2500 retention bonus
Start with 3 weeks’ vacation and 3 personal days!
Reimbursement for AND dues, state licensure fees and CDR renewal!
Money toward continuing education events!
Up to $5000 tuition reimbursement annually!
Flexible work schedule, partial remote work, 4- 10 hour days per week
The successful candidate will:
Registered Dietitian with experience working with patients with kidney disease, pediatric experience a plus.
Ability to follow patients in the inpatient and outpatient/dialysis setting.
Coverage will include but not limited to: pediatric peritoneal and hemodialysis patients, Transplant (Kidney and Liver) and hypertension patients.
Provide nutrition care regarding low sodium diets, CKD diets, malnutrition, and enteral nutrition support.
Follow monthly labs of renal patients. Complete nutrition report cards for patients utilizing the KDOQI guidelines.
Participate in CMS required meetings: ESRD, Dialysis QAPI, Transplant Selection meeting, and weekly nephrology rounds.
Preferred Certifications: Board Certified Specialist in Renal Nutrition (CSR) or Board Certified Specialist in Pediatric Nutrition (CSP)
- Willingness to support multiple specialty units, participation in performance improvement projects, and providing training and nutrition education in a variety of settings.
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills to interact with a wide variety of individuals and groups.
- Have demonstrated experience in the areas of pediatric nutrition, tube feeding management, pediatric malnutrition, and counseling.
- Interested in partnering on research and outcomes, and will work to understand and improve nutrition approaches within the pediatric population
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Registered Dietitian credentials and be licensed in MO;
- strong verbal and written communication skills;
- good time management skills, be a self-starter and a team player
- Works collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary health team to promote wellness, maintain current health, and/or intervene in acute or chronic illness in the pediatric population.
Learn more about Cardinal Glennon Children's Hosptial:
Employees who work at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Dietitian positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Dietitian jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. As the largest private employer of dietitians, we have tremendous job opportunities for registered dietitians who are looking to get more out of their career!
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree with completion of required coursework and supervised practice as dictated by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) (Note: For those seeking registration after 2023, this must be a master’s degree)
Basic Management Experience: 7+ months general supervision
Basic Functional Experience: 3 years experienced specialized practitioner in a clinical specialty
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR);
- certification/ licensure as required by state(s) of practice; specialty credential in area(s) of focused practice, as applicable
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.