Dietitian Nutritionist -Part-Time
Grow your career and develop a team that shares your desire to make a difference.
Sodexo is seeking a Part-Time Registered Dietitian to work 24 hours week for a large hospital in Downtown located Los Angeles,CA. PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital is in Los Angeles, California and accredited for 408 beds. $32.00-$35.00 hour.
Sodexo offers benefits for Part-Time Dietitian Nutritionists including:
- Paid Time off and health benefit available!!!!
- Reimbursement for AND dues, state licensure fees and CDR renewal
- money toward continuing education events
- up to $5000.00
- tuition reimbursement annually
- a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, plus health and wellness programs!
The successful candidate will report to the Clinical Nutrition Manager, in this role you will:
- Hold an active registered dietitian status ;
- also be considered as candidate if you are RD eligible for certification;
- have prior experience in an acute care setting having worked with patients that have a variety of disease states;
- work collaboratively with a team of clinical dietitians to ensure patient needs are consistently met;
- have a passion for driving and improving the patient experience for the population we serve.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple priorities and prior experience with room service is preferred;
- excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- the ability to creatively problem solve, work independently with minimal supervision and make decisions as needed while working within a self-directed and team-oriented work environment;
- excellent interpersonal skills to make every day a better day for our clients and residents.
Learn more about: https://www.pihhealth.org/health-services/
PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital is a hospital in Los Angeles, California. Founded in 1885, PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, the oldest hospital in Los Angeles, became part of PIH Health in December 2019. As a nonprofit, 408-bed acute care hospital, the downtown Los Angeles campus includes a hospital and a medical office building that provide compassionate health-care services to meet the needs of the patients, their families and a growing and diverse community.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Dietitian positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Dietitian jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. As the largest private employer of dietitians, we have tremendous job opportunities for registered dietitians who are looking to get more out of their career!
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides general nutrition care for patients, residents, and the community in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Functions as a nutrition resource to assigned patient care areas and foodservice staff to ensure the provision of safe, high quality care. Maintains professional and business practices to assure regulatory compliance and to uphold company mission, values, and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement. Contributes to financial and clinical outcomes through implementation of services.
Executes the Nutrition Care Process (assessment, nutrition diagnosis, intervention, monitoring and evaluation) in general clinical practice; is accountable for the provision of safe and reliable care and services and completion of documentation in accordance with individual and statutory scope, regulatory standards and facility policies, protocols and practice guidelines, including clinical privileges. - 50%
Provides evidence-based nutrition counseling and training to meet basic clinical needs, promote disease management, educate healthcare personnel, interns and students on nutrition care strategies and support foodservice staff competency; functions within established educational frameworks using resources as provided and initiates referrals as needed to elevate care, support continuation of nutrition care plans or enhance educational processes. - 20%
Participates in interdisciplinary activities to promote the nutrition care plan and serve as a resource on nutrition-related issues; collaborates and communicates with clinical and culinary departments in the development, implementation and promotion of operating standards, tools, resources and programs for general clinical practice and foodservice operations in accordance with Sodexo standards. - 10%
Participates in performance improvement (PI) activities with minimal supervision and demonstrates a drive for continuous improvement. - 10%
Continually improves performance and demonstrates professional growth by advancing nutrition-related skills and engaging in tailored continuing education to enhance knowledge, skills and judgment obtained in formal education. - 10%
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree with completion of required coursework and supervised practice as dictated by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) (Note: For those seeking registration after 2023, this must be a master’s degree)
- Meets eligibility requirements for Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) and will become registered within 120 days of hire. In some states and/or facilities the RD/RDN credentials is required at the time of hire
- Certification/licensure as required by state(s) of practice
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.