Director 2 - Facilities Operations
Are you an innovative leader who wants high visibility, challenging opportunities, and a rewarding environment? Sodexo is seeking our Director 2 - Facilities Operations for Paul Smith’s College in the beautiful and scenic city of Paul Smiths, NY. Are you an expert in SNOW Management? Our successful candidate will manage full facilities and project management including maintenance, grounds, snow removal, capital project management, and custodial services. Our leader will conduct timely interviewing and hiring, provide mentoring and leadership to about 25 union employees. 5+ years of Director experience required.
This college has an incredible campus which is made up of 14,000 acres within Adirondack Park. Students and faculty have an extensive outdoor recreational activity list at the nearby Tri-Lakes communities of Saranac Lake, Lake Placid, and Tupper Lake which offer a variety of activities year-round. Learn more about Paul Smith’s College at Paul Smith's College | The College of the Adirondacks (paulsmiths.edu)
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, a Matching 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs. We have Circles Concierge services to help you through everyday life demands, Tuition Reimbursement and Employee Business Resource Groups to provide a safe space and supportive environment where employees can bring their whole selves to work and develop professionally. Our successful hires will foster an environment where our team members feel they belong, and are seen, valued and heard.
- Lead management of capital projects
- Develop and maintain positive client relationships
- Research and implement new processes and technology
- Manage multiple functions of building operations and maintenance for the facility, with knowledge of mechanical, HVAC, structural, architectural, landscape and energy management and sustainability, snow removal, event coordination, custodial, electrical, environmental and safety, and financials
- Conduct client meetings on unresolved facility issues and communicate results
- Manage interviewing and hiring timely, and coach staff along with service providers to deliver excellent service levels within budget
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- 5+ years of Director experience preferably in a university setting
- Strong financial acumen and budget management experience
- Experience managing external vendors and subcontractors
- A proven track record of successful Facilities Management leadership experience as demonstrated by articulated results and accomplishments
- Strong technical knowledge of the following: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC
- Experience managing multiple departments at a university including grounds, housekeeping, construction and project management, and maintenance
- Exceptional customer service, relationship building, and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills with a focus on staff development and team building
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, healthcare and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
The Director of Facilities Operations is responsible for directing facilities maintenance operations of building(s) and property at a single unit. The Director of Facilities Operations manages the preventative maintenance and reactive repair of skilled trades, e.g., HVAC, plumbing, electrical, utilities; and manages the hiring, training and supervision of staff, professionals and management. The Director of Facilities Operations manages a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business. The Director may oversee construction work and often manages other core Sodexo services, and/or logistics of business/operations services, e.g., grounds keeping, laundry, food, security, inventory, mail, concierge services.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic education requirement- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Basic management experience- 5 years
Basic functional experience- 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.