Director 2 - Facilities Operations
Are you looking for a new rewarding role? Do you have experience working in a manufacturing or production environment?
Sodexo Corporate Services Division seeks a Director of Facilities with experience in Soft Services for a bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing site for our client located in Framingham, Massachusetts with experience managing total integrated facilities reporting into the Executive Director of Operations. You will be the client facing senior on-site manager and oversee facilities operations to include custodial and equipment maintenance operations of building(s) and property, landscaping, grounds, planning/scheduling, Vendor support while supporting HSE & Quality . This position manages the preventative maintenance, proactive repair, and reactive maintenance issues as they occur and manages the hiring, training, and supervision of staff to include management team.
- Directs custodial operations to ensure healthy and attractive facilities
- Directs grounds, landscape and maintenance operations to ensure a safe and attractive environment
- Oversees PM/CM maintenance of campus operations.
- Oversees equipment and systems replacement or upgrades: Evaluates condition and function of building utility systems to determine needs and priorities for capital funding requests, ensures building code compliance, proper installation and design practices for systems associated with minor or major maintenance and renovation projects.
- Provides direction and oversight for the development and implementation of an overall emergency management strategy
- Provides and applies practical knowledge regarding building maintenance, e.g., air conditioning and heating systems, building automatic control systems, water distribution, fire protection, sanitary and storm sewer operations, piped gases, electrical distribution and central utility plants for chilled water. Works with construction or design teams if needed
- Manages all tradespersons, managers, supervisors and employees of the Facilities Department
- Reviews and evaluates existing programs, services, policies and procedures
- Develops recommendations for the Executive Director and unit liaison concerning improvements and implements or guides implementation of new and/or modified programs, services, policies or procedures
- Communicates with client administrative and supervisory staff as well as external groups, agencies, contractors, architects and engineers to plan, organize, coordinate and/or communicate programs, services, policies and/or procedures
- Monitors flow and quality of work to assure timely completion of workload and adherence to facility’s standards and regulations
- Prepares and manages departmental budgets, which may include energy savings program
- Prepares and maintains a variety of departmental records and reports
- Manages and ensures compliance with all local, state and federal regulatory and governing agencies
- Monitors work performance and preparing and/or reviewing performance evaluations for assigned personnel
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by performing safety audits and inspections, conducting safety-related training, and maintaining on-going communications with employees
- Responsible for the in-house safety committee and supporting all aspects of the business
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Strong leadership skills and measurable technical and financial acumen
- Experience in Computerized Maintenance management systems is a must, Maximo/INFOR preferred
- Experience in industrial safety systems and programs is must.
- Experience in cGMP Audit readiness, GDP, and regulatory compliance.
- A proven track record of successful Facilities Management leadership experience as demonstrated by articulated results and accomplishments.
The salary range for this position is $115-125k annually
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
The Director of Facilities Operations is responsible for directing facilities maintenance operations of building(s) and property at a single unit. The Director of Facilities Operations manages the preventative maintenance and reactive repair of skilled trades, e.g., HVAC, plumbing, electrical, utilities; and manages the hiring, training and supervision of staff, professionals and management. The Director of Facilities Operations manages a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business. The Director may oversee construction work and often manages other core Sodexo services, and/or logistics of business/operations services, e.g., grounds keeping, laundry, food, security, inventory, mail, concierge services.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic education requirement- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Basic management experience- 5 years
Basic functional experience- 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.