Director 2 - Facilities Operations
Play an important role in the student experience by creating clean, healthy and comfortable learning environments while advancing your career. Sodexo is hiring our Director of Facilities for Emory & Henry College in Emory, VA. This position requires 5 years of functional experience as Director of Facilities on a campus or university setting.
Our successful candidate will develop excellent Client-Partner Relationships with the President of the College, the Board and Student Affairs, be invested in the Emory & Henry culture and campus events and have a presence on campus during events that shows a strong commitment to our students.
This role will develop customer service strategies that go above and beyond the average, to prove to client-partners that we are invested in the success of our students, faculty and staff including during special events. Do you have a track record of leading and inspiring your team into a group of great performers?
As the Director of FM on our campus, your background as an FM leader will help you develop partnerships with our clients by proving financial results. Your leadership will drive decisions based on data and changing needs, and by building and maintaining strong client relationships to promote the Clients for Life philosophy.
Our Hands-On Leader will develop, lead, and inspire our team to continually improve Sodexo's performance for our clients and customers. A Career in Facilities Management with Sodexo is exciting and we enjoy strong professional partnerships with our campus clients .
- Strong technical knowledge of the following: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, safety systems, landscape and energy management systems
- Experience in working on a college campus, or other large, complex properties with Integrated Facilities Management is preferred including Facilities, Environmental Services and Landscaping and Grounds
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen with a strong P&L understanding
- Strong Leadership skills with a focus on staff development and team building
- Exceptional client relationship and communication skills
- Excellent financial acumen
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- Work a schedule with to provide campus support during occasional night and weekend events
- Have experience leading, training and managing a team and is a leader who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service delivery
- Are results and safety driven
- Monitor compliance and reach project target dates of completion
- Have experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines
- Have customer service and/or guest satisfaction in a healthcare or hospitality
- Possess strong leadership skills and has the ability to work independently to drive program
- Excel at accurate financial reporting, building automation systems, computers and other technology
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Campus, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, healthcare and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic education requirement- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Basic management experience- 5 years
Basic functional experience- 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.