Director II, Commercial Finance & Pricing
Sodexo’s Healthcare Segment is seeking a Director II, Commercial Finance & Pricing, which is responsible for partnering with members of the Healthcare Commercial Solutions and Finance team, Sales, and Operations to provide costing analytics, pricing solutions and design robust contracts and commercial terms to support competitive new business bids and pro-active and strategic retention processes (new sales, cross sales, and strategic retention).
This is a Remote Leadership role and candidates can live in any state!
The ideal candidate will:
- Provide oversight and guidance that enables the Healthcare Sales team to build winning creative proposals, financially attractive and relevant for the client.
- Play a key role in supporting the design of winning proposals by developing and recommending optimized deal structures and relevant pricing.
- Direct and be accountable for the commercial function across a region to ensure we provide a comprehensive view across commercial, financial, operational & legal terms.
- Guide a region Commercial Function to deliver the greatest economic benefit to the Segment in terms of:
- Securing robust contracts with acceptable legal and commercial terms, reflecting terms and conditions approved with the pro-forma.
- Securing positive commercial opportunities (additional business, renewals & extensions), while seeking to mitigate risk
- Ensure we bring good overall governance to the Healthcare commercial processes
- Assumes ownership of and the high-quality delivery of the financial components for investment committee reviews to ensure opportunities are approved
- Work closely with the solution architect assigned to guide the sales process and technical solutions developers and SME's involved to aggregate appropriate information and data, optimize all cost levers using our standards and benchmarks,
- Support the business development process by compiling & analyzing relevant information, conducting analysis, providing insight and recommendations regarding the operating cost structure, to develop the pro-forma used and approved to ultimately price Sodexo’s proposed solution
- Manage up to one junior commercial finance professional
The ideal candidate will have:
- 7+ years in a Finance or Operations equivalent role or experience.
- Experience in Contract Food or Environmental Services and Facilities Management areas
- Strong commercial mindset with the ability to view a deal from the Sodexo and client perspective and develop compelling solutions
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an ability to analyze and interpret contractual, financial, technical, operational data and contracts
- Ability to multi-task and work with multiple and conflicting projects; handle a high amount of stress related to the business environment.
- Tenacity to operate and deliver within a changing business environment and demonstrate resilience at times of high pressure
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills as well as strong presentation abilities for interactions with all levels of the organization and with Senior Leadership and clients
- Strong influence and leadership skills with proven ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to drive successful, cross-functional outcomes and to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment with clear accountability
- Strong interpersonal skills – be able to effectively work with Sales, Operations, Commercial solutions team
- Willingness and enthusiasm to challenge existing ways of working and methods.
- Advanced spread sheet software skills – Excel
- Knowledge of ESSBASE, System Application Products (SAP – SDX Accounting System), Electronic Data Warehouse (EDW) / Business Intelligence (BI) is preferred
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 7 years
Basic Functional Experience - 7 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.