Director of Premium Services
Job Listing: Director of Premium Services
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment. '2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity'
Location: We are seeking a Director of Premium Services for the Canada Life Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Canada Life Centre is an indoor sports arena and entertainment venue in downtown Winnipeg. The arena is the home of the Winnipeg Jets of the National Hockey League and the Manitoba Moose of the American Hockey League.
Canada Life Centre was designed with the fan in mind. Every seat, every sightline, every concession area and every full-colour video display has been engineered to provide the ultimate fan experience. We've done our best to create a place where fans can enjoy themselves and we hope you will do just that.
The Director of Premium Services serves as a visible and key member of the unit-level Leadership Team and responsible for managing the operations of the premium suites, clubs and lounges, off-site catering and the Outlet Managers. They will exemplify and display unquestionable ethical conduct in both business and personal dealings, as they are responsible to model Sodexo Live!'s vision and values, ensuring in all ways for the customer, employees, the industry and the local community that Sodexo Live! is held in the highest regard.
The Director of Premium Services is responsible for managing and maximizing the productivity of the operations and administrative staff and is accountable for directing and coordinating the resources, tasks, requirements and processes related to the unit's day-to-day operating budget for their designated department, as well as, communicate and implement seasonal and long-term business strategies to drive sales revenue and meet or exceed the unit's overall financial goals. They will provide support and hands-on assistance to plan, prepare, oversee, report and reconcile the unit's on-going business activities to ensure its commercial success.
The Director of Premium Services will contribute to Sodexo Live!'s goal to be #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through the performance of activities geared toward the creation of an energized and positive work environment for all venue staff. Working in close partnership with the unit's various divisions and key department heads will create, lead and execute food and beverage experiences that exceed guest expectations and maximize revenue while controlling expenses.
- Develop and implement business strategies for enhancing operations and for driving and maximizing unit revenues through implementation and oversight of systems and policies related to designated departments operations.
- Communicate and promote Sodexo Live!'s culture and values; Provide hands-on leadership and direction to department staff; Serve as a leadership role model and create an exceptional employment experience for Sodexo Live!'s staff.
- Maximize Sodexo Live!'s revenue and operational excellence through implementation and oversight of systems and policies. Contributes to the efficient operation of the business unit by partnering with all levels of management. Monitors and ensures all aspects of operations are completed in an efficient and effective manner.
- Contribute to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice by creating an environment where exceptional service and quality, well-executed dining experiences are delivered to each guest, supporting Sodexo Live!'s goal of 100% customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's degree and/or appropriate combination of education and work experience to facilitate on-the-job effectiveness.
- 3-5 years of previous operations leadership experience in a complex, high quality food service environment.
- Significant expertise in food and beverage management with a catering/concessions emphasis in a demanding, fast paced environment.
- Up-to-date certifications for safe food handling and responsible alcohol service.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with strong background in P&L management; Previous experience in developing operating budgets and established history of meeting or exceeding established financial objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and effectively implement written and verbal instructions.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Tech savvy and familiarity with systems such as a Banquet Event Order Software.
- Scheduling flexibility to meet operational needs as business demands require.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!, however, only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or any other applicable Provincially protected status.