Director of Retail at Orange County Convention Center
Job Listing: Director of Retail
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking an experienced Director of Retail for the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL.
The Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) is the primary public convention center for the Central Florida region. The center currently ranks as the second largest convention center in the United States. The OCCC offers 7,000,000 sq ft of total space, 2,100,000 sq ft of which is exhibit space. The large complex is located on the South end of International Drive, a major tourist area in Orlando, Florida. Solar panels on the roof of the South Concourse provide 1 MW of power. On April 18, 2012, the American Institute of Architects' Florida Chapter placed the building on its list of Florida Architecture: 100 Years. 100 Places.
The Director of Retail serves as a visible and key member of the unit-level Leadership Team and is responsible for managing the operations of one or more departments in Banquet, Quick Serve, Beverage or Catering department. The Director of Retail will exemplify and display unquestionable ethical conduct in both business and personal dealings, as they are responsible to model Sodexo Live!'s vision and values, ensuring in all ways for the customer, employees, the industry and the local community that Sodexo Live! is held in the highest regard.
The Director of Retail is responsible for managing and maximizing the productivity of the operations and administrative staff and is accountable for directing and coordinating the resources, tasks, requirements and processes related to the unit's day-to-day operating budget for their designated department, as well as, communicate and implement seasonal and long-term business strategies to drive sales revenue and meet or exceed the unit's overall financial goals. They will provide support and hands-on assistance to plan, prepare, oversee, report and reconcile the unit's on-going business activities to ensure its commercial success.
The Director of Retail will contribute to Sodexo Live!'s goal to be #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through the performance of activities geared toward the creation of an energized and positive work environment for all venue staff. Working in close partnership with the unit's various divisions and key department heads will create, lead and execute food and beverage experiences that exceed guest expectations and maximize revenue while controlling expenses.
- Develop and implement business strategies for enhancing operations and for driving and maximizing unit revenues through implementation and oversight of systems and policies related to designated departments operations.
- Communicate and promote Sodexo Live!'s culture and values; Provide hands-on leadership and direction to department staff; Serve as a leadership role model and create an exceptional employment experience for Sodexo Live!'s staff.
- Maximize Sodexo Live!'s revenue and operational excellence through implementation and oversight of systems and policies. Contributes to the efficient operation of the business unit by partnering with all levels of management. Monitors and ensures all aspects of operations are completed in an efficient and effective manner.
- Contribute to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice by creating an environment where exceptional service and quality, well-executed dining experiences are delivered to each guest, supporting Sodexo Live!'s goal of 100% customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's degree and/or appropriate combination of education and work experience to facilitate on-the-job effectiveness.
- 3-5 years of previous operations leadership experience in a complex food service environment.
- Significant expertise in food and beverage management with a catering/concessions emphasis in a high stress, fast paced environment.
- Up-to-date certifications for safe food handling and responsible alcoholic beverage service.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with strong background in P&L management; Previous experience in developing operating budgets and established history of meeting or exceeding established financial objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and effectively implement written and verbal instructions.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Exceptional computer skills and familiarity with property management systems such as a Banquet Event Order Software.
- Scheduling flexibility to meet operational needs as business demands require.
- Requires lifting up to 50 pounds on a regular and continuing basis. Must be able to work in extremes of cold and heat.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.