Dishwasher @ Indianapolis Zoo
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- 13-15 per hour
- Full Time & Part Time
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That's why we're proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated to the sports, events and hospitality industry. We concentrate all of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let's go Live! together.
Location: We are seeking a Dishwasher for Indianapolis Zoo located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The Indianapolis Zoo was the first to be triple accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and the American Association of Museums as a zoo, an aquarium and a botanic garden. Look for the AZA logo whenever you visit a zoo or aquarium to know you are supporting a facility dedicated to providing excellent care for animals, a great experience for you, and a better future for all living things.
The Dishwasher position is responsible for the proper washing and storage of china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, and other food service equipment items. They will utilize manual cleaning
methods as well as automated machinery to maintain Sodexo Live!'s standards for cleanliness and sanitation.
This position exists in diverse work environments, such as restaurants, convention centers, sporting and
events arenas and other Sodexo Live! entertainment-related venues where food and beverages are served.
The Dishwasher will be knowledgeable of and responsible for upholding Sodexo Live! standards for proper food handling and sanitation, as well as OSHA standards and MSDS guidelines.
- Ensure that assigned work areas are clean, and that Sodexo Live! standards for
sanitation and proper food handling are consistently adhered to.
- Support operation by cleaning dishes, glassware, pot, pans, silverware, racks and any other items needed by food service and culinary staff, and/or as requested by Chef or Executive
- Comply with all established health, sanitation and safety procedures throughout dishroom and storage areas.
- Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and effectively implement written and verbal instructions.
- Strong team orientation and ability to work with a variety of departments to accomplish assigned
- Ability to work well independently
- Ability to work well in a high stress, fast paced environment.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used by supervisors
- Scheduling flexibility to meet operational needs. Hours may be extended or irregular to include
nights, weekends and holidays.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.