District HR Manager - California
Job Listing: District HR Manager
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking an experienced District HR Manager based out of the San Diego Convention Center, located in San Diego, CA.
The District HR Manager will oversee eleven units within the California area.
Salary: $115,000-125,000 + Bonus Eligibility
The District HR Manager is responsible for the overall management of Sodexo Live!'s human resources systems and practices for their home unit, with dual responsibility for providing HR support to additional units within an assigned area or district.
The District HR Manager will serve as a strategic business partner, teaming with senior managers in executing priorities for their home location and district. They will work closely with General Managers/VP's and onsite management teams to provide counsel on local, state and Federal compliance issues and interpretation of company policies and procedures. They will provide support to their home location in the areas of training, benefits administration, recruitment and employee relations, and will work closely with Regional HR Directors to drive and support Corporate initiatives, and to ensure consistency across all district units.
The District HR Manager will operate with some independence to ensure fairness and objectivity for all employees, while supporting Sodexo Live!'s vision, mission and values.
- Leverage the capabilities of the unit level workforce by managing day-to-day HR practices at home location.
- Provide on-going management expertise and HR support for other locations within assigned district.
- Perform tasks and participate in projects related to the development, implementation and maintenance of organizational business strategies and Corporate HR initiatives.
- Contribute to the goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or a related field of study and/or appropriate combination of education and experience to ensure on-the-job success.
- HRCI-PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP certification, or willingness to work toward certification.
- 3-5 years of previous work experience in an HR role, with multi-unit responsibilities and up to date knowledge of principles and practices of human resources administration.
- Extensive knowledge of California HR and legal practices.
- Polished and professional image.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize and work successfully both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Keen ability to connect easily with others and create positive positioning within a particular context or subject matter.
- Technologically savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office and HRIS programs.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Flexibility and mobility to meet the needs of various locations.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.