District Human Resources Manager - Indianapolis, IN
Job Listing: District Human Resources Manager - Indianapolis, IN
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members.
Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
We are seeking an experienced District Human Resources Manager to join our team. This is a position that may have a dual responsibility to include a home unit or specific support function and provide guidance to a mixture of larger and smaller account locations, to include stadiums, convention centers, airport lounges, and/or other public event venues.
The District Human Resources Manager is responsible for the overall management of Sodexo Live's human resources systems and practices at various locations within an assigned "district", comprising 6 or more units, and will support an expansive employee base including management, administrative, non-union, and union employees.
The District HR Manager will serve as a strategic business partner, teaming with operational leadership in establishing objectives and priorities for their assigned district. As a hands-on leader, they will work closely with General Managers and onsite management teams to provide guidance on local, state and federal compliance issues and interpretation of company policies and procedures. They will support their district through providing training and assistance with recruitment and retention strategies, as well as guidance on matters of employee relations. They will operate with sufficient independence to ensure fairness, equity and objectivity for all employees, while supporting Sodexo Live's vision, mission and values.
- Leverage the capabilities of the workforce in the field by supporting onsite HR Managers and General Managers in the management of day-to-day HR practices.
- Participate in special projects related to the development and implementation of organizational HR business strategies.
- Serve as the senior HR resource for the operations in the area of responsibility. Understand the business challenges and opportunities in each unit and be a support to the leaders and team members where needed.
- Contribute to the goal of making Sodexo Live #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- 3+ years' experience leading an HR team
- Bachelor's degree in HR management, organizational development or related field preferred.
- Previous multi-unit responsibilities within the food service, hospitality or similar industry. Experience and knowledge of the sports and leisure industry is a plus.
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and influencing skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with strong ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Ability to create and understand written and oral direction and to communicate same with others.
- Technologically savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office and HRIS programs.
- Professional Human Resources (PHR) Certification is a plus or willingness to work toward certification is required
- Flexibility and mobility to meet the needs of various locations. Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays with extensive travel given business needs.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.