District Manager 2
Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day.
Sodexo School Segment is seeking a District Manager 2 to lead and oversee the client portfolio of k12 schools in the Northeast. The position requires a strategic-thinking leader who can work in partnership with client vision & expectations while delivering on high quality Campus Dining service programs that will achieve high customer and guest satisfaction. Ideal candidate will have a strong executive presence with the ability to work within complex, multiple client organizations. Strong relationship skills are a must to effectively work internally as well as externally to the organization.
The District Manager will preferably reside in the Connecticut Region or immediate surrounding area!
- The scope of service is a mix of student dining – breakfast, lunch and some dinner, multiple retail sites and catering operations with a total revenue base of approximately $25 million.
- Reporting to the Vice President of Operations Management, day to day responsibilities will include providing overall planning, direction, evaluation and control to assigned units to achieve operations and financial goals, participation on a team, HR functions, establishing and maintaining effective customer/client rapport.
- Providing leadership support to a team in 10 school districts.
- Union exp. a plus.
The ideal candidate will
- Serve as the primary representative of Sodexo for multiple accounts in a designated geographic area.
- Be responsible for successfully coordinating and directing all activities within the assigned geographic area through subordinate managers, supervisors and employees including financial performance, client retention, and employee training and development.
- Work with each client and the Vice President in all matters relating to contract and account operations in order to establish and maintain a solid and mutually beneficial business relationship that ensures account retention.
- Develop a business plan and budget for the accounts with the General Manager's.
- Have a strong strategic leadership, financial acumen, talent management, and strong communication and project management skills.
- Need to be able to work both horizontally and vertically within both organizations and have outstanding presentation skills.
- Demonstrate ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage the workload accordingly.
- Work with clients and RVP in all matters relating to contract and account operations to establish and maintain a solid and mutually beneficial business relationship that ensures account growth and account retention.
- Some travel will be required..
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management and Retail Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus Services, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Retail Management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 7 years
Basic Functional Experience - 7 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.