District Manager - Indianapolis Region
- 17-Jul-2023 to Until Filled (PST)
- Lucas Oil Stadium
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- 150000-165000 per year
- Full-Time Salary Year Round
Job Listing: District Manager
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members.
Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking an experienced District Manager for the Indianapolis Region - position will be base out of our Lucas Oil Stadium; supporting the surrounding Indianapolis venues.
Lucas Oil Stadium is a state-of-the-art retractable roof, multi-purpose facility seating over 67,000 fans while featuring spectacular views of the downtown Indianapolis skyline. Opened in 2008 as the home of the NFL's Indianapolis Colts, this facility already boasts an impressive resume having been named the 2009 Sports Facility of the Year by Street and Smith's SportsBusiness Journal and having their FieldTurf surface ranked as the NFL's best artificial surface in both 2009 and 2010. Lucas Oil Stadium is the site of Super Bowl XLVI, the 2011-2015 Big Ten Football Championship Games and the NCAA Men's Final Four Basketball Championship again in 2015 after first hosting this event in 2010.
Lucas Oil Stadium's unique features include its flexibility in design and ability to accommodate a multitude of events beyond NFL football and NCAA basketball, including concerts, national conventions, trade shows, IHSAA tournaments, international and national band competitions, and numerous other national and local amateur sports events. The seven-level stadium has more backstage space than any other NFL stadium with seven locker rooms, 11 indoor truck docks, 44,000 square feet of exhibit space and 12 meeting rooms. Weather permitting, the north operable window combines with the largest retractable roof in the NFL to truly give the spectator the feeling of being at an outdoor stadium. Tradeshows and conventions can utilize 183,000 square feet of exhibit space when merging the field and both exhibit halls. Lucas Oil Stadium also features two multi-level club lounges, 137 suites, retractable sideline seating, house reduction curtains, two HD video boards, 360 degree ribbon boards, spacious concourses and much more, all which allow the ease of welcoming any size event.
This is a position of high accountability and ownership. This position offers support and direction to the General Manager(s) in their assigned unit(s) in relation to food and beverage and catering operations, and drives profitability, innovation and the highest of customer satisfaction in all assigned unit(s).
Their primary responsibilities span beyond those of their home unit, as they are accountable for developing and implementing budgets and capital expense plans for additional assigned units, ensuring consistency and continuity across their locations, approving key personnel decisions, operating decisions and expenditures, and interfacing regularly with senior staff and managers within each unit to evaluate their operation and performance.
The District Manager will establish daily priorities and will direct the on-going activities of department heads in key functional areas across their accounts, such as administration, culinary production, hospitality, warehousing, sales, accounting and cash management to ensure that operations run smoothly, efficiently and in accordance with client/partner specifications. They will work to ensure that Centerplate and Sodexo's standards for quality, service, timeliness, safety, security, sanitation, and regulatory compliance are consistently adhered to.
- Work closely with general manager(s) and senior management to strategically move the Food and Beverage and Catering Services to progressively successful levels. Develop, assist, create and analyze the budgetary goals for financial success of the assigned unit(s) and Company. Drive profitability, innovation and the highest of customer satisfaction at your unit(s).
- Develop and execute a strategy to improve the profitability of the assigned unit(s) and Company, enhance positive revenue growth and excellence in quality and speed of service, and develop new business, ancillary sales, new accounts, and acquisitions.
- Previous experience with multi-unit oversight.
- Create WOW experiences for all clients and customers. Develop and drive (when called upon, support) the successful field implementation of new products, programs, and initiatives.
- Provide guidance and motivation to general manager(s), managers, and other staff inspire all managers, supervisors, and employees. Create a culture of pride and courage in all managers.
- Provide overall planning, direction, and control to assigned unit(s) to achieve operating and financial goals. Drive success in management of labor, cost of goods sold and labor scheduling.
- Recruit, train and manage field management team to provide exceptional service to Company's clients, drive growth of revenue and profit and maintain high quality of service. Collaborate with Centers of Excellence to train future leaders.
- Develop annual performance objectives, conduct employee assessments, and facilitate management assessments of employees.
- Apprise Corporate HR Department of employee and labor issues.
- Other responsibilities may include participating in the sales process and helping to drive optimal performance on all new sales start-ups; selecting and training management staff and serving as the source of development and evaluation of the managers; being a key driver of unit meetings and communications plans; and leading Operating Reviews with senior management teams.
- Regularly review all food and beverage pricing and identify all yield management revenue opportunities.
- Minimize legal liability, and ensure venues and employees conform to the regulations of the alcohol beverage authority.
- Oversees and assists their General Manager's with the procurement, production, preparation, service and sale of food and refreshments for all outlets within assigned units.
- Communicates and promotes Centerplate and Sodexo's culture and values; Provides hands-on leadership and direction department heads and staff.
- Ensures compliance and consistency with company standards, company policies/procedures, client specifications, contractual obligations, and other legal and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Participates in the recruitment, selection and training processes as needed for assigned unit.
- Identifies and responds to client and customer feedback and assists in escalated situations as necessary.
- Enhances organizational excellence by establishing goals, benchmarks, and timelines as necessary.
- Coordinates cross functional/cross regional collaboration for purposes of maximizing resources, fostering team relations, and leveraging best practices.
- Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time.
- Bachelor's degree and/or appropriate combination of education and experience to support on-the- job effectiveness.
- A minimum of 5 years of previous experience within a diverse, contract- managed food and beverage environment, to include successful management of a large staff and focus on exceptional client and customer service.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with significant past P&L responsibility.
- Strong working knowledge of food safety, sanitation, and general workplace safety standards with knowledge of Health Department requirements.
- Technologically savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work well within given timeframes.
- Strong management and personnel development capabilities.
- Ability to understand written and oral direction and to communicate same with others.
- Flexibility, ability to work extended or irregular hours to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote, motivate and participate in team environment concepts.
- Self-starter who can work independently and, on several tasks, /projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of retail operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
- Previous experience working in Sports related venues, Convention Centers or Conference Center locations.
- Experience building positive working relationships with Union Organizations.
- Understanding Client relationships as it applies to Fee accounts and a Profit and Loss account.
Other requirements include but are not limited to:
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.