Are You the One?
Our client depends on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Safety Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
Sodexo Corporate Services is currently seeking a EHS Manager to support a life science client for a corporate service account. This is a hybrid role that will report out of the Raleigh/Durham, NC site but will remotely support sites in Gaithersburg, MD, Rockville, MD, and Marietta, PA.
- Responsibility for Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Management at multiple sites and compliance to all local, state, and federal regulations
- Advance strategic direction for the sites EHS programs to include promoting continuous improvement of the accounts EHS performance and ensures all locations meet or exceed regulatory safety and environmental requirements.
- Provide necessary resources for EHS representation for site projects, new equipment, and procedures
- Development of technical documents including risk assessments, EHS procedures and training content
- Implement, monitor, and control site EHS near miss reporting, gembas, and inspection programs to ensure business is operating safely and compliantly
- Manage incident/accident investigations, lead root cause investigations, and track corrective actions
- Oversee the permit to work program for Sodexo and third-party vendors
- Create and organize EHS training curriculums with action plan for ensuring completion by affected departments
- Develop and coordinate emergency plans and response procedures to include ownership of the Business Continuity Plans (BCP)
- Works closely with site management to provide guidance regarding EHS related issues and identify and mitigate hazards and unsafe behaviors while incentivizing safe work practices
- Implement and maintain EHS compliance programs including maintaining OSHA 300A logs, Hazard Communication, Permit-to-Work, Ergonomics, Powered Industrial Trucks, and Emergency Response
- Maintain incident/accident rate statistics
- Identify and anticipate EHS concerns/hazards and implement solutions
- Conduct internal safety/ environmental audits and inspections
- Perform EHS reviews of third-party vendors
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
- Spanish speaking skills a plus
- Experience with creating training content
- Proven experience in conducting safety audits and developing comprehensive safety programs
- In-depth knowledge of OSHA regulations and other relevant EHS standards
- Safety experience with facilities management Knowledge of NFPA 70E
- Experience dealing with regulatory bodies
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Key member of local leadership team managing all Quality Assurance, Food, Physical and or Environmental Safety Programs for a specific portfolio of business at multiple locations associated with a global account portfolio. Provides HS&E expertise on new account due diligence; transition and stabilization phases. Initiate plans and manages resources to ensure efficient and cost-effective strategies for occupational health, safety and environmental performance, in addition to partnering with leadership to instil an operational excellence culture.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of related experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Pay: $79,900 to $120,890/year
$79900 to $120890
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 967385