Environmental Services / Custodial Manager 1
Use your best in class housekeeping/custodial management skills to make a real impact on patient healing.
We are seeking an Environmental Services Manager at Penn State Health Hampden Medical Center. This is a 110 bed hospital in Enola, PA that is committed to providing the highest quality of healthcare and emergency services to the community. This role will oversee Second Shift (2:00pm - 12:00am) with rotating weekends & some holidays, overseeing a team of 15 employees. Penn State Hampden is one of the newest innovative health care systems located on the West Shore. Sodexo offers our AYR Room Service Program and Environmental Services.
Prior Environmental Services/housekeeping experience is required, must be results driven, understand employee engagement, and be committed to a winning culture. The successful candidate will have experience with bed tracking, patient satisfaction, and possess strong computer skills. Sodexo is seeking a true self-starter who can lead a team under minimal supervision. This position functions as part of a team of Environmental Service Managers reporting to the General Manager. This role will support floor care projects, payroll, and lead the team in engagement. Preferred candidates will have experience in Environmental Services healthcare. Sodexo is seeking a true self-starter who can lead a team under minimal supervision.
Get to know us: https://www.pennstatehealth.org/locations/hampden-medical-center
This position will have overall responsibility of an on-site operation for Environmental Services as assigned In this role, The Operations Manager has direct accountability for executing Sodexo systems, programs, resources, tools, and talent management that drives operational excellence and our service commitments that are: Predictable, Reliable, and Repeatable. This position will have strong leadership skills for the Environmental team in the delivery of safe, sanitary and innovative services to our patients, customers and hospital employees in a variety of settings. Hours will vary depending on the business needs of the unit.
The Custodial Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Provide a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff for all areas of the operation.
- Will works closely with the Infectious Control department.
- Managing and training a team of 38 Sodexo hourly employees.
- A strong focus on department initiatives and patient satisfaction
- be responsible for driving client and patient satisfaction scores;
- provide a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and works closely with the Infectious Control department;
- lead teams and departmental projects and initiatives;
- effectively manage the Unit Operating System; and/or
- support a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have experience leading, training and managing a team and is a leader who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service delivery;
- have customer service and/or guest satisfaction in a health care or hospitality;
- possess strong leadership skills and has the ability to work independently to drive program;
- monitor compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- have experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
- are results and safety driven;
- are proficient with computers and other technology
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Environmental Service/Housekeeping positions in Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for ES/Housekeeping jobs.
Employees who work at this location are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.