Environmental Services / Custodial Manager 2
Play an important role in the patient experience by creating clean, healthy and comfortable healing environments while advancing your career.
We are seeking an Environmental Services Manager 2 at Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center for Evening Shift (8:00pm start time) in Camp Hill, PA. This is a 318 bed hospital, with 738,000 cleanable square feet that is committed to providing the highest quality of healthcare to the community. This role will oversee a team of 25 employees. Someone who is flexible to work those hours will be ideal.
Prior Environmental Services/housekeeping experience is required, must be results driven, understand employee engagement, and be committed to a winning culture. The successful candidate will have experience with bed tracking, patient satisfaction, and possess strong computer skills. Sodexo is seeking a true self-starter who can lead a team under minimal supervision. This position functions as part of a team of Environmental Service Managers reporting to the General Manager. This role will support floor care projects, payroll, and lead the team in engagement. Preferred candidates will have experience in Environmental Services healthcare. Sodexo is seeking a true self-starter who can lead a team under minimal supervision.
The Custodial Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Provide a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff for all areas of the operation.
- Will works closely with the Infectious Control department.
- Managing and training a team of 25 Sodexo hourly employees.
- A strong focus on department initiatives and patient satisfaction
- be responsible for driving client and patient satisfaction scores;
- provide a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and works closely with the Infectious Control department;
- lead teams and departmental projects and initiatives;
- effectively manage the Unit Operating System; and/or
- support a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have experience leading, training and managing a team and is a leader who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service delivery;
- have customer service and/or guest satisfaction in a health care or hospitality;
- possess strong leadership skills and has the ability to work independently to drive program;
- monitor compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- have experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
- are results and safety driven;
- are proficient with computers and other technology
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Environmental Service/Housekeeping positions in Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for ES/Housekeeping jobs.
Employees who work at this location are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides management oversight for Environmental Services non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service Programs. Ensures Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place as required to consistently meet all company, client, and regulatory requirements. Responsible for non-exempt work force planning through effective scheduling, development of daily work flow assignments, training and development, and monitoring for compliance to the plan.
-Establishes a safe work environment for clients, customers and staff by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory maintenance.
-Provide leadership and direction to non-exempt employees
-Coordinate/conduct employee training
-Administer Human Resource processes (hiring, performance reviews, constructive counseling, prepare work schedules, payroll, etc.)
-Interact with outside vendors
-Ensure Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place and consistently met.
-Develop/implement action plans for improvement in compliance with Sodexo Operating Standards as identified.
-Reviews and maintains assigned areas of the Sodexo/Client budget commitments.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.