Environmental Services / Custodial Manager 2
Use your best in class housekeeping/custodial management skills to make a real impact on patient healing.
Sodexo is growing! We are seeking an Environmental Services/ Custodial Manager 2 for UNC Health Southeastern, part of UNC Health System, located in Lumberton, NC. This is a 2nd Shift position (3:00pm start) overseeing a team of about 30 FTEs and functions as part of a team of Environmental Services leaders supporting this account that has over 300 licensed beds. This schedule includes rotating weekends and some holidays as the business needs dictate. The successful candidate will need to have previous healthcare experience and will have responsibilities over operative services and discharge cleaning. This role will support floor care projects, payroll, create schedules, and lead the team in engagement.
Prior Environmental Services/housekeeping experience is required, must be results driven, understand employee engagement, and be committed to a winning culture. The successful candidate will have experience with bed tracking, patient satisfaction, and possess strong computer skills. Sodexo is seeking a true self-starter who can lead a team under minimal supervision. This position functions as part of a team of Environmental Service Managers reporting to the General Manager. Sodexo is seeking a true self-starter with a focus on service excellence.
The Custodial Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Driving Patient Satisfaction Scores and attaining KPI results monthly, quarterly and Yearly
- Provide a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff for all areas of the operation.
- Works closely with the Infectious Control department. OR and other departments of the facility
- A strong focus on department initiatives
- Responsible for driving client satisfaction
- Is seen as a leader and can drive projects and initiatives through sound strategic methodology
- Effectively manage the Unit Operating System;
- Support a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have experience leading, training and managing a team and is a leader who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service delivery;
- have customer service and/or guest satisfaction skills in a health care or hospitality setting
- possess strong leadership skills and has the ability to work independently to drive programs and initiatives;
- monitor compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- has experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
- are results and safety driven;
- are proficient with computers and other technology as needed for the position
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Environmental Service/Housekeeping positions in Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for ES/Housekeeping jobs.
Employees who work at this location are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides management oversight for Environmental Services non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service Programs. Ensures Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place as required to consistently meet all company, client, and regulatory requirements. Responsible for non-exempt work force planning through effective scheduling, development of daily work flow assignments, training and development, and monitoring for compliance to the plan.
-Establishes a safe work environment for clients, customers and staff by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory maintenance.
-Provide leadership and direction to non-exempt employees
-Coordinate/conduct employee training
-Administer Human Resource processes (hiring, performance reviews, constructive counseling, prepare work schedules, payroll, etc.)
-Interact with outside vendors
-Ensure Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place and consistently met.
-Develop/implement action plans for improvement in compliance with Sodexo Operating Standards as identified.
-Reviews and maintains assigned areas of the Sodexo/Client budget commitments.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.