Environmental Services / Custodial Manager 2
Put your passion for people to work.
Sodexo is hiring a Training Manager to support environmental services at Cooper University Hospital in Camden, NJ. Cooper is the leading academic health system in the south Jersey region that provides access to primary, specialty, tertiary, and urgent care, all within one complete health system. This hands on Training Manager role will drive engagement of Sodexo employees through effective technical and managerial orientation and training. This individual will demonstrate effective leadership development, coordinate and present proprietary training and engagement programs and assess all trainees developmental needs to drive initiatives. Some local travel between units within the account may be required along with successfully passing a Drivers License verification.
Cooper has more than 9,600 team members, including 1,600 nurses and more than 900+ physicians and 450 advanced practice providers practicing in more than 75 specialties. This position will be supported by a large EVS management team with 225+ hourly employees. This is a highly visible position with opportunity for growth.
Get to know the account: https://cooperhealth.org/
Technical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting department orientation and onboarding for EVS and new custodial employees
- Conducting Safety Training
- Conducting safety audits to support Joint Commission assessments
- Evaluating the patient experience program to improve HCAHPS and patient satisfaction scores
- Conducts room inspections and QAs to maintain cleanliness standards
- Provides service recovery as needed
- Facilitate courses and workshops to increase awareness and grow the skills of others.
- Conduct stand-up training to groups of employees (frontline and managers).
- Assist in the development of training strategy.
- Evaluate existing processes to identify ways to eliminate inefficiencies, expense, and unnecessary work.
- Identify and implement new ideas, technologies, or processes to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, cost-savings, and improved patient satisfaction scores.
- Identify training requirements and participate in the development and implementation of training plans.
- Develop learning strategies and plans with business unit leaders based upon deficiencies identified in a needs assessment.
Our successful candidate will have:
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
- A background in training and development
- An operational background in Environmental Services is preferable for this position. It’s important that this individual have a strong understanding of day to day operations, so they can coordinate with employees effectively and deliver training that is relevant to their every day lives.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Knowledge of Sodexo programs and systems is preferred, but not required.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Employees who work at this location are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and the Flu as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides management oversight for Environmental Services non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service Programs. Ensures Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place as required to consistently meet all company, client, and regulatory requirements. Responsible for non-exempt work force planning through effective scheduling, development of daily work flow assignments, training and development, and monitoring for compliance to the plan.
-Establishes a safe work environment for clients, customers and staff by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory maintenance.
-Provide leadership and direction to non-exempt employees
-Coordinate/conduct employee training
-Administer Human Resource processes (hiring, performance reviews, constructive counseling, prepare work schedules, payroll, etc.)
-Interact with outside vendors
-Ensure Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place and consistently met.
-Develop/implement action plans for improvement in compliance with Sodexo Operating Standards as identified.
-Reviews and maintains assigned areas of the Sodexo/Client budget commitments.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.