Environmental Services / Custodial Manager 2
Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo.
We are seeking a Custodial/ Environmental Services Manager 2 for UNC Hospital Hillsborough in NC overseeing a team of 25 on Mid-Shift (11am-8:30pm). Twenty minutes outside of Chapel Hill and part of the UNC health system, this 200 bed facility is growing! The successful manager will need to be flexible to cover other shifts as business needs arise including vacation coverage when necessary. Note, that the schedule could include a weekend rotation and some rotating holidays. Prior Environmental Services experience required, must be results driven and must understand employee engagement and be committed to a winning culture.
Our Sodexo Healthcare Environmental Services/Housekeeping teams work to direct housekeeping operations at healthcare client locations, partnering with them to deliver innovative solutions. These teams also have responsibility for driving client satisfaction by providing stellar customer service via effective communication with all levels of hospital staff, as well as follow-through with action items that impact both client and patient satisfaction. At Sodexo Healthcare, patients are the heart of everything we do. Our ability to create a clean, healthy and comfortable environment for hospitals is key to the full patient experience.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for driving client and patient satisfaction scores;
- be responsible for floor care projects;
- spearhead safety projects and rounding with hospital staff;
- provide a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and works closely with the Infectious Control department;
- work with the Environment of Care Committee and Infection Prevention Director;
- support a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have experience leading and managing a team and is a leader who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service and the technical execution of a healthcare housekeeping system;
- have experience driving customer service and/or guest satisfaction results in a healthcare environment is preferred;
- possess strong leadership skills and can work independently to drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- have experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
- have in-depth knowledge of housekeeping systems and procedures;
- have experience improving patient satisfaction, and driving full compliance to HCAHPS, local, state and Joint Commission standards;
- have 3+ years previous custodial / housekeeping or similar management experience., in a hospital, healthcare experience preferred but not required. Open to experience from hospitality or hotels; includes leadership experience from the military.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Environmental Service/Housekeeping positions in Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for ES/Housekeeping jobs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides management oversight for Environmental Services non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service Programs. Ensures Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place as required to consistently meet all company, client, and regulatory requirements. Responsible for non-exempt work force planning through effective scheduling, development of daily work flow assignments, training and development, and monitoring for compliance to the plan.
-Establishes a safe work environment for clients, customers and staff by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory maintenance.
-Provide leadership and direction to non-exempt employees
-Coordinate/conduct employee training
-Administer Human Resource processes (hiring, performance reviews, constructive counseling, prepare work schedules, payroll, etc.)
-Interact with outside vendors
-Ensure Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place and consistently met.
-Develop/implement action plans for improvement in compliance with Sodexo Operating Standards as identified.
-Reviews and maintains assigned areas of the Sodexo/Client budget commitments.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.