Environmental Services / Custodial Operations Manager 1
Join a great team where our residents are at the heart of everything we do!
Sodexo Seniors is seeking an Environmental Services Operations Manager 1 to lead our housekeeping and custodial operations at Nathan Littauer Hospital and Nursing Home in Gloversville, NY. Nathan Littauer is a 160 bed hospital, primary/specialty care and nursing home that provides a wide range of medical services, rehabilitative services, and skilled nursing care.
The successful candidate will:
- have in-depth knowledge of housekeeping and laundry procedures;
- develop and motivate a team to exceed the expectations of clients and residents;
- monitor results and have a safety driven focus;
- have exceptional client service mentality and executive presence;
- be responsible for driving resident satisfaction scores;
- provide a clean and safe environment for resident, visitors and staff; and/or
- support a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- are an experts in building and maintaining strong customer / client relationships;
- possess strong leadership skills and can work independently drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- have experience in custodial and/or housekeeping experience preferably in a senior living environment;
- are proficient with computers and other technology; and/or
- have strong financial acumen and budget management experience.
Learn about more at Nathan Littauer Hospital
Sodexo offers a full array of excellent benefits that start on your 1st Day! Benefits include: paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness program.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides management oversight for Environmental Services exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service Programs. Ensures Environmental Service programs are in place and functioning according to design to consistently meet all company, client, and regulatory requirements.
-Establishes a safe work environment for clients, customers and staff by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory and maintenance.
-Assumes GM responsibilities and authority in his or her absence
-Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
-Ensures compliance with application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
-Establish and/or adhere to defined operating standards, develops and implements quality improvements and ensures direct reports and staff adhere to the standards and expectations.
-Assists with Management of Environmental Service budget by ensuring full compliance to established operating standards, monitoring costs (e.g. labor, inventory, equipment, and material), and taking corrective action as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.