Environmental Services / Custodial Operations Manager 1
You want high visibility, challenging opportunities and a rewarding environment.
In 2006, Sodexo, Inc. joined forces with Magic Johnson Enterprises which resulted in a joint venture called SodexoMagic. By leveraging the power of business entrepreneur and NBA all-star, Earvin “Magic” Johnson’s brand with Sodexo’s extensive portfolio of quality-of-life offerings, SodexoMagic effectively provides flexible, innovative, and comprehensive service solutions that have a broad consumer appeal to the marketplace. This strategic alliance, 51% owned by Earvin “Magic“ Johnson and 49% owned by Sodexo, Inc., allows for an unrivaled partnership in providing creative dining and facilities management solutions.
At SodexoMagic, we sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality, safeguard wellness and create a just and more equitable future for all people. SodexoMAGIC offers our dedicated services via these segments: Corporate Services, Hospitals, K-12 Schools, Campus, and Airline Lounges. We are in search of our next “Magic Maker” at the following location:
Sodexo is seeking a Environmental Service Operations Manager 1 for Clara Maass Medical Center, located in Livingston, New Jersey.This is part of the RWJ Barnabas Health System.Community is a 300 bed acute care facility with 70 FTE. and a management team of 4. This is a Day shift position, with some weekends and holidays. This position reports directly to a Director of Environmental Services on - site.
Our Sodexo Healthcare Environmental Services/Housekeeping teams work to direct housekeeping operations at healthcare client locations, partnering with them to deliver innovative solutions. These teams also have responsibility for driving client satisfaction by providing stellar customer service via effective communication with all levels of hospital staff, as well as follow-through with action items that impact both client and patient satisfaction. At Sodexo Healthcare, patients are the heart of everything we do. Our ability to create a clean, healthy and comfortable environment for hospitals is key to the full patient experience.
The successful candidate will:
- have exceptional client service mentality and executive presence;
- be responsible for driving client and patient satisfaction scores;
- provide a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and works closely with the Infectious Control department;
- partner with the Environment of Care Committee, Infection Prevention Director and other key members of hospital leadership;
- effectively manages the Unit Operating System; and/or
- support a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- are leaders who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service and the technical execution of a housekeeping system;
- are an expert in building and maintain strong customer / client relationships;
- possess strong leadership skills and can work independently to drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- have 3-5 years previous custodial or housekeeping director level experience preferably in a hospital environment;
- can analyze data, present and effectively communicate to all levels within the organization related to training, leading committees and change management;
- have experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
- are proficient with computers and other technology;
- have experience with vendor and contract management, as well as union and contract negotiations; and/or
- have strong financial acumen and budget management experience
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Environmental Service/Housekeeping positions in Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for ES/Housekeeping jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.