Event Supervisor at The Conference Center at Waltham Woods
Job Listing: Event Supervisor
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking an Event Supervisor for The Conference Center at Waltham Woods located in Waltham, MA.
The Conference Center at Waltham Woods is located in the Massachusetts Medical Society building off of 128/95 in Waltham. We service mostly corporate and association meetings, trainings and receptions.
The Event Supervisor is directly responsible for creating unique dining experiences by actively supervising and participating in execution of catered functions. Working closely with culinary and operations staff, they are responsible for ensuring that events are executed smoothly and in accordance with client specifications. They will work with the Catering Director to ensure Sodexo Live!'s overall standards for accuracy, efficiency, quality and financial performance are met.
- Maximize Sodexo Live!'s revenue and operational excellence through implementation and oversight of systems and policies related to catering events.
- Contributes to the efficient operation of business; ensures all aspects of catering operations and events are completed in an efficient and effective manner.
- Contribute to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year related experience required: Catering and/or Banquet Operations, Restaurant Management or Institutional Food Service.
- Prior supervisory experience in food service.
- Must possess strong general knowledge of food and beverage operations procedures, controls, and administration as well as awareness and ability to perform all catering-related positions.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Keen ability to promote and participate in a team environment.
- Successful candidate must be willing to work a variety of shifts and be available as business demands require.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Self-starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.