Executive Chef 1, Catering
Do you thrive in a fast-paced kitchen environment? Grow your culinary career in a management position with Sodexo!
Sodexo is seeking a Executive Chef to join our team at Clark University in Worcester, MA. We are looking for an Executive Chef position with a focus on catering. The position will be handling day to day catering as well as assisting at the highest levels of catering on campus. A strong understanding of Vegan and Vegetarian cuisine is a plus. This Executive Chef would work directly with the Campus Executive Chef and a great platform for future career opportunities for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will:
- implement and standardize all culinary systems and procedures for universities: Catering, Retail menus, LTO’S, STG, Mindful, garnishing, panning charts, production, puree standardization, inventory control, HACCP, cleaning schedules, staffing plans, presentation and quality of food, kitchen cleanliness, safety, etc. Sodexo standards will be the benchmark;
- be responsible for Food and Physical Safety and annual training for all hourly associates;
- Responsible for keeping and updating food audit books;
- Procurement: Work with vendors on procurement items. Responsible for purchasing manager and purchasing financial audits;
- improve and standardize catering and banquet services, create menus based on client needs;
- implement innovative and fresh ideas in all operations: retail, catering and residential.
- Catering Experience is preferred.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- a strong production culinary background, ideally in an up-scale restaurant/retail/catering environment;
- experience leading and engaging a culinary team, with exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset;
- menu planning experience and a strong understanding of current culinary trends;
- proven to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers;
- the ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment;
- a strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts;
- proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills;
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.