Executive Chef 1
As an aspiring Chef you want to enhance the lives of others.
Sodexo Senior Living is seeking an Executive Chef 1 for potential new business in the region of Austin, Texas. The Executive Chef will lead the culinary team for this senior living community, and report to the General Manager.
The successful candidate will:
- be hands-on and oversee the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- have high expectations for the quality of food and presentation;
- have the ability and willingness to mentor and train employees; and
- knowledge of Food Management Systems/Software is preferred.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a passion for culinary arts with a desire for creativity,
- prior experience with restaurants and/or retirement living dining;
- experience supervising and training a culinary team with exceptional human resource and supervisory skillset;
- a good financial acumen and strong computer skills;
- an enthusiasm for working with a diverse set of people and are confident and warm;
- a positive approach to tasks with a can-do attitude and impeccable attention to detail.
Sodexo is committed to providing working conditions and client services that are safe and healthy and will follow all applicable COVID-19 prevention measures, including state/local or client-mandated mask, testing and/or vaccine requirements.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K, and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides culinary leadership within a small sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution
-Executes the culinary function
-Customer & Client satisfaction
-Manages food & physical safety program.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.